Is this racist?

So there this white girl at my gym blond blue eyes. really cute really nice body. Her name is Olivia. Any way we always have small talk she always say hi to me when we see each other. and she always say she comfortable working out with me. I'm like cool whatEve lately she been hanging out more in my area. And when I came with my friend Jeremy he's Italian she said can I speak to u alone. I said ok what's sup. she said I really like talking to u and seeing u here and don't find it weird what I'm about to say but would u like to get a drink sometime.
I said no thank u Olivia. she looked real sad. And said ok maybe some other time I said yeah maybe. Jeremy came over was like what happens I said she asked me out and I told her no. He's like wtf y. I said its because she white girl and we will have nothing in common so there no point in dating. Jeremy was like that racist bro. I'm like no it isn't its a cultural thing. I said me and her work better as hi and bye friends.

Is it racist for me not wanting to go out with her just because her background is different from mines. Jeremy was like at least u can hangout with her once its not like u will be boyfriend girlfriend. I told him I dont wanna send the wrong message. She really is cute and all but I prefer to date Hispanic girl and black girls.

I'm black by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is racist. You're attributing traits or behaviors to "Olivia" based only on her race. If you said "I don't want to go out with her b. c she has a really annoying laugh" totally not racist.

• I guess ur right about that. I'd don't know. I'm having second thought if I was rude to her. I have to see her like 3 times a week so maybe I'll sleep on it

• That sounds like a good plan :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Why did you want to date her, just have sex with her?

What Girls Said 3

• No, and anyway, you technically can't be racist towards white people.

If you want to stay in your community, that's perfectly okay. A lot of black people I know stay within their race when looking for partners.

Now it would be iffy if you said "oh i would never date a white person" but that isn't what you're saying at all, so nah. Not racist.

• It's not racist everyone has their preferences and it's not like you want nothing to do with her.
    I actually think it's a good thing you're doing, you're not interested so there is no point in giving her false hope.
    If being hi-bye-friends is all you want to be then you did good in kindly rejecting her.

• That's what I'm saying. I wanna be friend when we are at the gym or something nothing more than that. She pretty girl just not right 4 me

• Well in my opinion you did nothing wrong then, however if you are afraid you might have been rude you could always explain to her that you would like to be just friends the next time you see her and that you hope you didn't offend her in anyway.

• Yes it is.

What Guys Said 3

• If it's racist, then people have every right to be racist when choosing whom to date. Geez, it's okay if you didn't like her laugh, or her looks, but you don't have the right to not like race? What kind of logic is that?

• Hmm I would say u need to open it mind little more or u will be racist

• It is racist because you're making assumptions about her and how things will turn out based on her skin colour, but you seemed to be polite about it, so it's fine.