I want to date my preference, am I wrong?

Okay so in the dating game we all. Have our preference for different types of things.. height, weight, hair color etc, but Im noticing that I prefer white men over black men and I'm not saying that black guys aren't attractive to me because they are but, I think I'd rather be with a white guy.. Andi know it sounds bad that I have a skin color preference but I can't help it and I'm not racists against my own ethnicity. But I hate to sound so shallow. I've talked to, went out, liked black guys my whole highschool years but now it seems like only white guys seem to catch my eye and its like when it comes to dating black guys are invisible to me.. am I wrong? I love my race and my people I just want something different I've never dated a white guy before

Most Helpful Guy

• Having a preference for dating does not make you a racist. The race card gets played far too often and racist shaming seems to be a popular sport with some groups, but all of that is wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with having preferences or dating outside your race. Don't think badly of it.

What Guys Said 5

• Wow... No. You are not wrong or racist. If you have never been with a white dude before. Do what you want.

It would be different if you were basing who you date on credit scores or made it a rule to only date white guys. You have never been with one so that is clearly not the case.

• You aren't wrong but that doesn't mean you will be able to find that man, depending on your standards. I doubt white is the only requirement.

• Well yeah of course :)

• nah, everyone has preferences

• Nothing wrong with that, I'm very attractive to white women and Latina since high school. My aunt date white man it didn't bother as long he treat u respect not racial slur then I approval cuz I'm all about love :)

• its only wrong if you're preferential because you think white people are more in line with your beliefs and values. simply prefering another skin tone is fine, but any time you attribute beliefs values or any sort of connotation to that tone is when there is a problem. everyone has a preference.

What Girls Said 1

• You're not wrong. Skin color preference is the same as hair color preference.