Is it okay to text my best friend and confess my feelings for him?

I have major feelings for my best guy friend. We have such a great time together, and everyone assumes we are a couple. I'm not sure if he likes me, but I'm at the point where I just need to let him know my feelings because it is driving me absolutely nuts. The only problem is, I only see him on weekends and when I do see him we are always with other people. He's also kind of shy and awkward and I don't wanna put him in an uncomfortable situation by confessing to him in person. Is it okay to send him a text? Something very casual, to let him know that even if he doesn't feel the same way.. I still want to be his friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you should tell him, but only if he is single.

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually wouldn't text that. Despite his shyness, this is something I'd run by him in person. Maybe pull him aside away from everyone, and confess as casually as you can or something. Don't hang around after and stare him down til he answers, just drop the bomb and then be ready with an easy acceptance of whatever his answer is.

• I don't think I could bring myself to do it in person. I think I would just make the situation more uncomfortable. I also will not see him until the weekend. I'm not sure if I can wait that long. Is it really that bad?

• Hmm. It's not bad or anything, it's just a matter of preference. For me, I'd do it in person because I'd need to see the initial reaction or something like that. And until he texted back and talked it out with me, I'd be flippin shits everywhere worried about his reaction.
      But he's your friend, and you know the intricacies of your friendship better than anyone here will so it's up to you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I did this with my friend and he said nothing would change our friendship. Come to find out he felt the same but we're both not ready for a relationship and we live in different cities. Take a chance, you may be surprised.

• I was the same with my best friend! Me and him have been together for 7 months now. It's always easy to fall in love with you best friend, but he might have feelings for you!! Just yes tell him! If worst comes to worst tell him that you fell in love with your best friend and he can't hate you for it..
    Hope this helps xoxo