Girls, how do you feel about receiving a small gift on a first date? Lets say you love hats and I come with a hat as a gift?

If it matters, the hat wouldn't cost more than 30$ or so.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is it, in a box, covering other gifts? She'll love it! Okay... Troll moment over. I think that's a great idea.

What Girls Said 4

• Hmm I'd wait because sometimes girls feel overwhelmed, keep the first date simple the. Later on do the gift things (: could you help me out with my last question on my page please

• Overwhelmed with what? What if it was just a pastry I baked and it was "just one of many"

• Like you don't want to pressure the relationship, yeah that's fine! i just meant anything really expensive, girls do like gifts but I mean save the big gifts for later a pastry is fine thou

• What if it is just casual dating and we are both dating other people too, and not looking for anything serious?

• No, don't bring any gifts.

• Why?

• I don't know. I wouldn't want a gift on the first date unless we a! ready know each other, confessed our love, been a year or two and then we finally meet and you give me a gift. That would be something I would love.

• Oh, I am on a totally different boat than you.

• Not on first date... As much as I love gifts, I wouldn't be particularly excited if this happened to me... On the contrary I would "probably" not want another date... Because it seems too desperate... ? 😧😐

• What if we are both casually dating other people?

• Well, we are all different, just because I wouldn't like it, doesn't mean the girl you're dating wouldn't either... So just go with what feels right to you... If it works, then Great! If it doesn't, then learn from the experience... It just seems a little too forward in an un appealing, unattractive way to me personally... I'd lose interest on some level... Even if I was seeing other people, and so was he (though I'd never do that)... .. Perhaps on the second date, it would seem more fitting, but even then it would be a little questionable.. (To me).

• A stalk of flower is alright, but anything more than that may be too much.

What Guys Said 3

• Most women will think that it is too much, too soon, and take it as a sign that you are a desperate guy trying to score points because you rarely get a date.

• Even if it is very clear that I am neither desperate nor have any trouble getting dates?

• The other possibility that girls consider is that you are giving them a gift so that they will feel obligated to give you "something" in return.

• That's too much too soon and could be seen as a bribe for sex. I will encourage ONLY to bring gifts when you're superb sure she fell in love with you, maybe after 2 months of solid dating.

• I think its best to keep gifts out of first dates.

• Why?

• Well it just comes off as a little too much I think.
      Maybe gives flowers after a couple dates if it goes well.