Why do some guys act so shitty when rejected?

I am in a relationship. However before my relationship, and even some times recently I had men interested in me. I am the type of woman who knows what she likes. I like nerdy, and geeky men. Someone to play video games with, and watch Star Wars with. Intelligence is a big turn on. I have had men say they can change that. Some guys will get all butt hurt if I am not interested. I have been called fridged for not sending nude pictures to a guy. I have been dumped in the past for not wanting sex until I feel a connection. I even had one guy who would not stop texting me. The worst one was a guy who said I am into Fags. Yes he said that I like homos. I got so pissed off because I have gay family members. I have been rejected in the past and I do not get pissed off.

Most Helpful Guy

• These don't at all sound representative of men in general. However, pretty much all guys will have some sort of reaction to being rejected (haven't you ever been rejected?), especially if they don't really understand why or DID have some kind of connection with you. When I had less experience, I'd accidentally take it out on the girl and I've realized now that this was a pretty terrible approach and have since changed.

I don't know... some guys act negatively because they honestly think they're perfect. Some react negatively because they're just a bit sad/annoyed about being rejected. And others try to figure out what they did wrong because they genuinely want to improve and this can be interpreted as 'needy' or 'insecure' depending on how they do it. In general, it's a normal reaction, the guys you are describing don't sound very normal though...

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• Some men and women to just can't take rejection and both genders get really shitty. All it proves is the person was not worth dating in the first place.

• I have rejected plenty of woman and none have acted that way.

• Who knows, it could well be or maybe that generally it is more personal to a woman form a guy than another woman. Who knows either way it shows a red flag when either gender does it.

• Maybe Asker, or maybe lesbian and bisexual women are just more use to be rejected. :)

• They get their ego bruised and just don't know how to deal with rejection. As dumb as it sounds , they feel justified in saying the trash that they talk

• U can't do anything about losers and they will always get offensive when they can't get what they mean
    U shouldn't waste yr time on them

• Well infortunately is just their nature. They're very low class and all you can do is block them out completely. Let them deal with their problems :). There is nothing weong with doing what you love

• Lol I know some of my friends who have done that. Alright well to sum it up, they're like that because you hurt their ego or their pride. Maybe even embarrassed them. If they're all manly or think they're all that, being rejected must've stung. Haha especially if they think it was because you're into geeky guys :)

• They do not know how to react to it. Some of them have big egos and are facing it for the first time...

• cos they need your permission to act/post here, cos it means your dog eat dog morals which you reckon everybody needs to follow.

• not really... haha.. just laughing at you and your buddies, cos you stereotype yourself and want "power" over strangers haha... sorry, you're just easy to judge and have a mental health issue.

• @canistan that's no way to get into my pants mister

• Well it's not fun to be rejected, but some guys and girls are just sorry losers and egotistical.

he.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sore+loser

• Why some guys act shitty after getting rejected? Because their philosophy's weak while having fucking no clues of what they been doing!

• BC their ego is hurt and they are not secure enough to just take it

• These questions infuriate me, if you reject a guy you get exactly what you deserve and I have sympathy because you have it coming. You girls get soooo much enjoyment out of rejecting guys it's like you live for the chance to do it and care what that's like for the guy which just is seriously fucked up itself enough. So those guys you described had every right to react the way they did. Hell the fags thing is something I would've said so good for them.

• That's a really dumb question.

• I guess some guys just assume they can get what they want.
    When rejected guys often react in anger rather than sadness to stay all 'manly' in front of their peers.

• I took rejection like a boss

no idea how I'm gunna take it next time though

• Depends on his effort.

• Some guys are jerks.

Some guys are overly persistent.

Some people (male or female) will try to guilt you into doing what they want.

Some are doing perfectly reasonable things that you happened to not like.

What Girls Said 2

• Guys that act out like that after being rejected have egos the size of Wisconsin. I just ignore and block em.

• Because of their stupid egos -_-