Do guys ever wonder why their ex girlfriends treat their new boyfriends better than they treated them?

I'm curious because I've noticed a lot of women obsess over their exes being better towards their new girlfriends and wonder if it's the same with men, or if they just don't care.

• yes, I have/do and I felt hurt seeing it
  • yes, I've wondered, but didn't feel hurt
  • no, never cared
  • I'm a woman

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no. One relationship I just didn't care about it after it was over. Another one just hurt seeing how she was with someone new. It depends on how much you cared for the person and if they treated you badly.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't pay attention about their lives, so I don't even know if they're with someone else.
    I delete them from social media or just stop following them, so I don't know what they do.
    We're done, so I don't care.

• cool, I'm the same. once I attempted to stay friends, though realistically neither of us really wanted to break up or accept that we were awful for each other. after about 2 weeks I cut him out my life completely.

• When I wqs in school I had to deal with them cause they were in the same class, but once I left, I never talked to them again. They all added me on FB but I hit unfollow.
      My recent ex told me to add her on FB again cause she wanted to be friends in the future, I agreed but unfollowed her. 6 months later I saw her on my list and deleted her.

• I look at a relationship like a bus travelling on an infinite road.

I'm the bus driver, and she's a passenger on the bus. Just like when a passenger gets off the bus and the bus keeps driving, a girlfriend getting out of my life doesn't stop my life. There's more girls on this planet than I'll ever run through, so I'm not going to worry about one, two, four, ten who have gotten off my bus; I'm going to keep driving, and if someone else wants to tag along, they can stand at the bus stop.

• i don't wonder if they treat them better but i do sometimes wonder if the ex's who cheated on me cheated on subsequent bf's

• not wonder if, wonder why. some how a lot of women know how the new one is treated

• well no i don't wonder why either. i don't know how my ex's treat their partners. if i know how they treat their partners it's because we are friends and didn't have a bad breakup

• I don't even know how she treats her men.

• its amusing how perturbed an ex becomes when the new girlfriend is uglier... "omg i can't belive be left me for an ugly girl! "

yet , she'll speak praise to her friends if the new girlfriend is pretty or prettier.

bitches be dumb.

ll

• Not a single care is given. An ex and is an ex, she's as good as dead to me; onwards and upwards towards the future.

• um, ok that's a little dramatic. I have a hard time believing you don't care considering her as good as dead.

• you sound like you become overly bitter towards your exes.

• I do! You're so right, I can be bitter. Does that make me a bad man?

• Just a typical bitch move

• I wonder why girls treat their casual partners better than they treat the guys they want a relationship with.

Girls have sex right away and try out their dirtiest fantasies with their casual partners, guys who they claim to not care about. Then when they want a relationship that guy has to pay to take her on dates and potentially wait months for the sex the casual partners got right away with no effort.

You could say the relationship guy gets her heart but realistically so do a lot of the casual partners. Based on the questions I see on gag, I think girl fall in love with their hookups fairly often.

So I can't really think of anything a guy gets in a relationship that he doesn't get from a fwbs scenario, only difference is the fwbs guy isn't expected to do as much.

I feel like in a relationship, especially the early stages, the guy has to "chase the gurl" and win her over while the girl just sits back. However in a fwbs scenario I think it's either equal, or if anything, the girl chases the guy and puts in more effort to impress him because she doesn't have him locked down yet.

• The male equivalent of this is she what she does sexually with them. Same thing with exes.

If she does sex acts with others she wouldn't with you, it hurts.

• why would she even admit that?

• Some girls say 'oh i tried x but i didn't like it'. And you can nod your head and understand, but how would you feel if a boyfriend said 'i used to be really romantic on valentines, but i never felt good about it, so now i'm not'. You'd probably feel like 'great those bitches got spoiled and i get shit'.

Or she'll say she was 'guilted' into it, or he really pushed for it, or her self esteem was lower back then. Sure, it all makes sense... but... it still really sucks.

With an ex, you might hear about it. Especially if it's hookup related. Guys dont' tend to talk about gfs, but they do talk about hookups.

• I don't think a guy is justified in feeling hurt when his girlfriend doesn't want to do something she didn't enjoy, that probably hurt her. it's extremely selfish a man to be upset over that.

• Nope, ex girlfriend means ex everything.

• not at all... she's pretty much dead to me as soon as she's an ex

What Girls Said 3

• Dang it, I was just trying to wipe a thing of dust off my phone and apparently my knee voted for me! Lol.

• Because they got dumped for being bitches and sluts

• I don't think this is true. Maybe it's only in the beginning. Later they treat it the same way, because this is their personality and it's difficult to change yourself. I actually think that man treat they new girlfriends worse than their exes.

• why do you think they treat the new ones worse?

• Why would we treat the new and better girl worse than the other? That makes no sense -_-

• @AleDeEurope Maybe if their ex hurt them, they take a note to themselves not to sacrifice everything in their new relationship, because they don't won't to be hurt again.