I told my boyfriend about my ex who was abusive and hit me few times, did I open up too much?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what you guys are like but if my girlfriend opened up to me in that sense i'd know she trusted me a huge amount, i mean my girlfriend hasn't been through anything like that in such a sense, she was mugged and beaten up when younger but this is one thing she told me fairly early on she's a straight to the point person such as me... Not to brag but i'm a dependable person as i've been told, i'm good friends with many people and know such and such about their lives that isn't everyday chatter.

i guess without rambling i would say no, if judging by how you say he reacted and he re-assured you then i'd safely say he cares very much about you, especially after that it shows he wishes to care for you and prevent such a thing happening again, honestly i'd say that would bring you closer... you've shown him some of yourself from the past something you don't share with everyone and i'm sure he's very proud of you for allowing him into that part of your life... rest easy the hard part is over :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so, it's good to be open.

What Guys Said 5

• If this relationship seems like a long-term one, no u didn't!
    Our significant others are the only people that should/can know "Too Much" about us!
    but in case the relationship was a short-term one, ID think that's a good idea!
    Gud luck!

• It depends. What was his reaction?

• He was so kind and hugged me

• Well then everything should be fine. I see no need to be worried about it.

• I don't know why you'd think that.

• How did he react?

• No you didn't open up too much. My girlfriend told me about a past abusive relationship, I was glad that she opened up to me. It made me feel like she trusted me in a way to not do the same. And it made me want to show her that a man can treat her with respect even more so than before. From what I read on other opinions, it was a good thing.

• Lol... she just told you About one guy, just gain sympathy and win your trust... Many more are in queue... Lol

• @Avneo She told me about many of her past relationships that were abusive. She finds it very hard to open up to people because of Dad issues and past relationship issues. So it meant a lot to me that she trusted me with that information.

What Girls Said 0