What type of partner are you into?

Vote in the poll and please explain your decision.

• I'm a girl and I like dominant partners
  • I'm a girl and I like submissive partners
  • I'm a guy and I like dominant partners
  • I'm a guy and I like submissive partners
  • I prefer a balanced relationship
I don't just mean sexually I also mean relationship wise.
Wow the majority of women want dominant partners and the majority of men want balanced relationships. I wouldn't have expected that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like a balanced relationship, meaning we both have the ability to take the reins. Mind you I tend to be more laid back and like a guy who can take the lead but I don't necessarily always expect him to nor want him to. Like I said; I am straight forward so I like guys who are straight forward, I am definitely attracted to guys who are more leader-types or aggressive in some aspects but I don't want a relationship where I feel I am being completely submissive. We have to still work together.

• Intimately I'd like him to be a bit more "dominant", not BDSM - you know what I mean.

• Yeah I dig. I was like that when I was a virgin too.

• Yes it makes sense I suppose.

Most Helpful Guy

• I want a balanced relationship. Women don't understand how exhausting it is to always be the one calling the shots, and how freaking annoying it is when you ask them what they wanna eat and they always say "I don't care, whatever you want".
    I like confident girls that challenge me, and not a woman that looks like a little girl who needs to ask me what socks to wear.

• Lmao I'm the same way. Although I might be the guy version of the girl example in your answer.. Thanks for drawing attention to that.

• The girl that doesn't know what to eat, or the one that doesn't know what socks to war? xD

• The girl that says "whatever you want" lol

What Girls Said 32

• when it comes to relationships, i do prefer a balance -- but i'm a very dominant person lol

when is comes to sex, i prefer a submissive partners.

• Yeah I prefer a balance in a relationship even if I'm somewhat on the submissive side.

Sexually I go both ways.. not gender wise lol.. Thanks for chiming in :)

• Relationship wise, balanced is the best option obviously. Sex wise, I'd prefer someone more on the dominant side.

• Balanced.

A relationship is a partnership, not a leader and a follower situation.

• balanced. i'm sure he'd dominate in some ways, i'd dominate in others. i think all major decisions should be a discussion though.

• Really interesting question! Ideally I'd want a balanced relationship overall. Like, this could mean he's dominant about certain things (sexually for example), and I'm dominant about others. I would be okay with a dominant guy too as long as he wasn't too dominant. I don't think I'd be into submissive but maybe.

• Dominant sexually but balanced elsewhere, yet only slightly. I don't want him to have a final say in everything in our relationship, some things should be discussed and solutions reached together, but for the most part I wouldn't mind if he was dominant and almost like a caregiver type of deal.

Then again I am into the whole daddy dom thing so lol

• I picked Dom...

but.. just because sometimes.. I can be soooo indecisive...

I'd like it to be more of a his side weighted balanced...

if that makes any sense...

but honestly... I just want a partner in crime :P

• Yeah I'm the same way to be honest. I'd need someone who is more decisive.

• I mean.. if we're both decisive.. say.. 40% of the time.. but its in different things.. then there is only a problem 20% of the time..

and well.. sometimes you just need that time waster to build up the frustration.. and have good make up fun lol

• lol that's true.

• I like a partner who is on the same wavelength with me. I don't want someone who tries to dominate me, and I also don't want someone who will never stand up for themselves. I need someone to help balance me out. However, in bed, I do like for a guy to take control and lay it on me. Yasss.

• There you go. It's nice that know what you went. Thanks for sharing :)

• I'd prefer balance, but maybe a little submissive on his end because I'm a bossy biatch.
    But there are sometimes where I'm clueless and would prefer he to not be afraid to be dominant.
    I guess it boils down to balance. We both need to read each other's strengths and weaknesses and work with each other. Not against each other.

• i voted for a balanced relationship

• I want a dominant partner I guess, but that doesn't mean I want to be submissive all the time. I still want him to take me and my views/thoughts/opinions into consideration when making decisions. And I want to call the shots every now and then. I'm just more of a follower than a leader.

• But I do want it to be 50/50 in terms of effort and all that. MAN THIS IS A DIFFICULT QUESTION I don't know how to explain myself without sounding dumb.

• lol yeah that's why I figured I'd ask it. You know.. because I'm so profound :p
      Thanks for sharing, lumos!

P. S. You couldn't sound dumb even if you tried.

• I've dated submissive guys and i just ended up walking all over them which i did not like! Then i dated a dominant guy but i felt like i was walking on egg shells so i decided to give up on life lol nah jk but i think it should be balanced definitely with a little spice of him being dominant xD so 70% balanced and 30% him being dominant lmao the answer to this question is hard to explain (>.<)

• Yeah it's definitely hard to find people we are compatible with. I used to think you only had to find a good person who you're attracted to but there's way more to relationship dynamics than that

• So innocent and naive lol

• Indeed it is... haha

• Balance, people. That's all I have ever wanted.

• I like balance. I think balance is good. Though personally I'm more submissive by nature, I can be dominant at times as well. So I'd like a guy that can be both as well. I know some guys that don't like showing submission at all. They always have to be in control and that's not what I need.

• Interesting poll results. I would not have guessed that ratio of girls at all. Interesting. I voted for a balanced relationship. I would hate an overly dominant or submissive partner.

• Yeah the results really shocked me actually.. I thought the men would vote dominant and the women would vote balanced.

• YAY for balanced relationships!!!

• I prefer a balanced relationship! like who doesn't!

• Kind guy who is fair and honest
    never bad to anyone and always kind and loyal
    :) these qualities are rare nowadays... every thing else Im ok with
    I dont care about his look , nationality or his religion

• I prefer balance. That goes for my life in general, and that includes my relationship.

• Definitely prefer a balanced relationship (unless we're talking about bedroom only here?).

• Bah I like a dominant man in bed. But I guess I could be too. So I am a switch that leans more to a sub :p
    But I don t if any guy would taje me srsly for a dom with my size lol :p

• I don't care for submissive/dominant
    just someone who I think is good looking and we get along, that's it.

• I am usually the more dominant one in relationships but in the bedroom I become the more submissive one. It's all about balance and that's how it works best for me.

• I like a dominant or a sub girl.

• i am a switch and i want a switch but more sub

• Balanced overall. Although in my current relationship I'm slightly more dominant.

• You don't mind being slightly more dominant?

• No not really if he just appreciates my initiative of taking action. It kinda has become this way. Like I almost always make the plans since he's not very creative with dates and in bed normally I like to start and he finishes, but overall more balanced.

• I understand. Thanks for sharing :)

• I want balanced in both category. It's so, you know, balanced that way;)

• I like a dom guy

• I just do. No reason just clicks for Me

• I'm sexually dominant, so I love submissive partners, but relationship wise, I prefer equality.

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 14

• Why not one dominant, and one submissive, at the same time?

OK, just kidding, though that did happen once, long ago, two sisters, one aggressive and one giggly.

But really, isn't it good to be surprised sometimes?

• Yeah it's good to be surprised but people do have preferences.

• Sexually I like submissive, but relationshipwise. I love a good woman basically, with her own mind, thoughts and opinions. Hence more balanced. Know one of the first things she liked about me for example, was that I didn't let her walk all over me, which made her respect me more, can kinda go the same back.

• Relationships-wise, I definitely want to have balance. Recognizing that your partner possess certain strengths that you don't have is really nice, actually.

The only place I want her to be submissive is in the bedroom, and even then it's because it's something she *wants*.

• Makes sense bro. Thanks for chiming in.

• I would've broken the options down more but I forgot the update broke it down by gender lol

• Haha, yeah I can see a lot of people answering it from a sex POV rather than the intended relationship POV.

• My profile is my answer.

• I like a balance relationship. Why? Because I'd like my girlfriend to be my equal. Not my leader/superior or follower/inferior.

• Calling it before looking at the poll. Men want a hot best friend as a partner.

• "Wow the majority of women want dominant partners and the majority of men want balanced relationships. I wouldn't have expected that."

Hey, whadda ya know, It's exactly what I expected. :)

• You're good man lol

• Thanks to the update, it automatically tells you how many guys and girls voted.

You don't need to make gender-specific polls anymore.

• Women are saying what they desire without any fear of judgment, whereas men are telling women what they want to hear in fear of being called/feeling like pigs.

I want a submissive partner.

• Polls are anonymous though..

• Since when has anonymity not allowed people to project a false image?

Yes, I acknowledge the irony.

• I say balance for both depending on my mood

• I want to dominate her.

• Relationship wise too?

• I don't know if I'd say dominate her relationship wise. I'm not really interested in a serious relationship right now though so I wouldn't really care what she dose.

• Ah I gotcha. Thanks for sharing bro

• I prefer equal. I wouldn't mind dominating them and them dominating me haha! Or submissive. It's fun either way !

• Makes sense. This is how I'd assume most people are and the poll is revealing that.

• I prefer allocative or distributive relationships.

• Ah thanks for elaborating man.

• Lol, i need to learn to stick to the options given. :p

• I'm gay and I like to be the 'girl' in the relationship, so I like dominant partners

• done my voting thanks