Virgins are always nice people?

I'm getting to know this guy. He has discovered I'm a virgin and out of nowhere he says things like '' that's why I have to have you, virgins are the nicest people. I love that you have this quality''. I pointed out the fact I didn't think me being a virgin was a quality and I'd prefer to be complimented on my personality. He said he definitely thinks it's a quality. He also asked if I'd wait for him?

Anyways I'm confused about how he came to this conclusion. He is not the only man they has made a big deal out of it. I once had a man tell me he wants his next girlfriend to be a virgin and he listed his reasons.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he meant it in a way as in you don't sleep around, you're not a home wrecker, you won't use him...
    Unless he's a virgin hunter, if that's the case, run, and don't forget to take your virginity with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be careful not to make it obvious to someone you're dating recently about being a virgin. Too many non-virgin creeps that get too focused on the whole ''I must now have her virginity'' and they don't even like you overall for who you are as a person but only for the state of never having sex. That's as if they want to keep you as an possession.

I would get creeped out if I were dating a man that said ''I want my next girlfriend to be a virgin or low-count'' while he isn't. It spells out HYPOCRISY.

What Guys Said 5

• Every horrendous human being was a virgin at some point.

It's like some people think they're born not virgins...

• He seems to admire the fact that you are a virgin. I think he might have had a standard or a criteria that he wants in a woman, that is to be a virgin.

• He just wants to take your virginity and is trying to flatter you, men just like virgin's it's that simple. It doesn't change who you are if you're a Virgin or not so it isn't a very good statement to say. If you like him go for it though, have a nice day :)

• I think he likes you and is round about complimenting you.
    I know for a fact not all virgins are nice people.

• What a weirdo.

What Girls Said 12

• Hahahahaha no.

I'm fairly certain that not having had a penis in you (or stuck your penis in someone) has no impact on whether or not you're nice.

I can, frankly, be very very mean and I am a virgin. :P

Just blew a hole right through his theory. KaBAM.

• Ew. Ew ew ew. That's really gross. Stay away from him. If you prefer comments on your personality, he should respect that and stop being a douche-y creep.

• Whats that suppose to mean? Virgins are people too!

• I don't know. Being a virgin does not correlate with niceness or the whole you as a person. These two just do not connect. Maybe it's just his personal preference? Or he might be just one of the guys who take pride in taking the v-card of a woman (which is shallow for me tbh)

• he's a weirdo. RUN.

• we were all nice people one day... Until someone popped out cherry and our personalities changed instantly...

• I'm a "virgin" but I'm not nice so he should rethink the validity of that statement

• That's a load of bullshit, what if someone was a virgin because they were a huge asshole and no one wants to sleep with them. I don't think its a quality just a circumstance

• If they have a huge asshole, I don't think they're a virgin. AT. ALL.

Sorry, I'm going through a weird "New social site found" moment.

• sounds he wants to take your virginity

• Oh yeah same. I want to know too

• Men associate virginity with innocence of the mind too. So they mistake the nice part.

• I'd be creeped out if I were you.