Is it weird if he still has pictures of his ex on Facebook?

Is it weird that my boyfriend still has pictures of his two last girlfriends on his Facebook still?

I think its alittle weird and disrespectful towards me to still have all that stuff put on public on social media. Its not even group pictures, its pictures of the both of them when they were dating taking selfies and stuff.

And he has posted pictures of him and me on there as well. How do you guys think about it because I think its not right at all.

Also I have no idea if he's still friends with them because he has his friends on private so you can't see his friends list.

Help?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you think this is disrespectful towards yourself and your relationship you should tell him this. Personally I think that that is kinda weird, but the only way you are going to fix this is by telling him and if he truly values your relationship he will respect and take your feelings into consideration by taking down the pictures.

What Guys Said 5

• It would be weird if he continued on posting pictures with his exes. But if they are just some old pictures there, chances are that he simply either hasn't gotten around to getting rid of them, or doesn't intend to since they probably don't bother him at all.

That or perhaps there's an underlying reason. Who knows.

• It would bother me.

• He probably doesn't even think about them. I had pictures of my ex on my phone for months after we broke up, mostly because I forgot they were there. It wasn't until one of my friends was going through my phone pictures that I remembered them lol.

• This is the cause because he was showing me pictures on his fb and explaining what was happening in them but once the ones with his exs showed up he would quickly swipe through them. At the time I didn't get so bothered because i thought maybe he forgot they were there but he has had time to take them down or at least make them private.

• I wouldn't read too deeply into it. It doesn't seem like it's a big deal to him. You said he just swiped through those photos, so he wasn't showing off or anything. His exes are a part of his life, and erasing the pictures won't do anything to change that. Keeping the pictures up doesn't say anything about his feelings towards his exes or towards you

• I still have pics of my ex. she has pics of me. She's part of my past and what made me who I am today. That said, I don't go bringing them up, commenting on them and shiz. But i'm not going to pretend my past didn't exist. I loved my ex and she loved me, and it just didn't work out. My current girlfriend understands that, she also understands that she's the center of my world now. She also still has pics of her ex burried in FB. And I understand that that guy helped her down the path to me. We are who we are because of our past experiences. I still talk to my ex every now and then. I'm proud of my past. I'm not going to hide it. Your boyfriend Likely had good relationships with them. But he's with you now. Trust he cares for you.

• That's not weird.

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah, I think it's disrespectful but if you haven't talked to him about it maybe he doesn't know why it's wrong. Some guys like to reminisce about the past and that's why they keep pictures of exes, while others don't know how to take them off or just forgot that they were still there. I don't think it's THAT big of a deal if it's not affecting your relationship to a significant degree. However, I do think that discussing it with him would be the best option. Tell him that it bothers you and if he could please take the pictures down.

• So the last two guys I was in a relationship with... Both of them still have my pics up on their profile... One of them has a girl for a couple of years now...
    The other one... I don't think he has a girl yet but he's probably dating...
    Yes I find it freakin' weird and I asked them to delete em but they both said its just memories and they refused to delete the pics...
    The guy that has a girl for a couple years now just recently decided to tell me he still likes me...
    I don't know... But if I had a man I would not want no exes pics on their profile!!!

• that sounds a little shady but i also think that its normal for him to still have their pictures on his facebook. especially if they ended on good terms and are still friends. i wouldn't be too worried about it if i were you but if it bothers you that much just try asking him why he still has them up and if he's still friends with them. but try not to do it in a bitchy controling way or he might just shut you out and not tell you the truth

• No, I don't think that's weird. They were a part of his life once too. Your pictures are also up there, and the longer you're together, the more prominent your presence in his life will appear to be, naturally.

If he has those photos as his profile or cover photo, then yes, that's weird and disrespectful of your relationship. Otherwise, I think time will make this better for you.

As for being friends still, I don't see how that should matter. Do you have a reason that you don't trust him to not interact with them inappropriately?

• I have pictures of my ex still, that doesn't mean there's anything going on. I can see why it bothers you though, if its that much of a problem i suppose you can ask him to take them down and explain how it makes you feel.

• Have you asked him to delete them or at least put them on private?
    If it bothers you that badly, ask him.

• yes it is or maybe he just doesn't care

• I don't think so, they're memories after all and pretty soon his albums will be filled with pictures of you as well. No worries

• you need to talk to him. Ask him about it. IF he does'nt want to tell you then yes he is hiding something.

• I think it's weird that he was showing you pictures on Facebook knowing that his ex was still on there