When should you tell the person you're dating that you're a virgin and/or celibate?

Should you tell them on the first date, that way they know your intentions & there's no confusion. Should you let them get to know you first, then tell them or when?

I personally think you shouldn't bring it up on the first date because then the person is going to think that you think that's all they want. Then again, you should tell them before your feelings get involved because you don't want to start liking the person & then tell them that you're a virgin and/or celibate then they end up leaving you. Then you end up heartbroken.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you need to on a first date, seems a bit premature to be talking about sex and stuff already. But before the relationship gets serious, yes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not the first date; the first date should be just about enjoying each other's company on a casual level. It's after further dates, that you start to discuss what type of relationship you are looking for and how serious.. and what you will/won't put up with.

If a guy is with you for the right reasons, he won't mind if you're a virgin. If he's with you for the wrong reasons and he does mind... then good riddance. Don't worry about upsetting the types of guys that don't value you.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm pretty upfront about it because I need to know were they stand on that kind of stuff and whether or not I am wasting my time.

• Second date, mention if you're waiting until marriage or asexual.

• your stances is the best to have.

• Whenever it comes up.

• I would not be discussing this on my first date.

• When will you discuss it then?

• I will give it a little while maybe about a week or so just to get to know your interest more better. Sex conversation is private and intimate. If one jumps into onto that conversation ones fluff may think that you are to forward and it's a turn off.

What Girls Said 3

• I think a first date is a little premature, if you haven't known them for a while or something. If it comes up in conversation, be honest but if it were me, I would let this person know after a good few dates, especially if you do want to sleep with them. If you have no intention of sleeping with them, let them know sooner rather than later, what your intentions are :)

• Should tell them the moment he asks to date u!

• I would tell them.