Should a girl give her significant other priority status when he continually considers her an option?

Please help me.

Girl- 50, guy-61; been together as a couple for 2 yrs, yet live in separate homes. I see my s/o once a week, usually w/e. Many times we've made plans during the week, but he constantly breaks the date. I have told him he has disappointed and hurt me so many times, yet he doesn't get it. He seems to think this is acceptable behavior. What should a girl do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe it's time to find some outside interests that don't include him. Sounds like he's being insensitive and taking advantage of you...And you know that it doesn't get better, only worse, unless we draw the boundaries. Maybe it's time for some old fashioned game playing... Hate to say that but... Don't be so accessible to him. Join a club, take a class, go out with your girlfriends, cancel a date with him...You know what I'm saying... I don't like it when the guy starts treating me as if I'm dispensable... And in our age bracket there are a lot of self involved, selfish men... If you are not on that pedestal then he doesn't deserve you! Best of luck. Cheers!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Tell him again how much it hurts you and if he cares for you, he will make the adjustments to ensure your happiness as well as his. If he continually refuses to change his ways my word of advice is to move on. Life is too short to be unhappy.

Good luck with your situation.

• My boyfriend is the same but doesn't break plans-- just doesn't make them for the week in the first place.

I have asked so many people what to do and I agree with it although it is hard-- DO NOT make them a priority. Definitely do your own thing and have him come second.

I know it's hard but it's for the best because you're not being hung up on him and you're living your life for YOU.