Is a smart girl a plus?

Do you think its a attractive trait to have? Same goes for girls do you find a man with a brain more attractive?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I personally like to be able to have intellectual conversations with my partner, so the smarter and more cultivated they are, the better as in that case I might even be able to learn some interesting things from them.
    Many people think it's intimidating though.

What Guys Said 17

• depends on what you mean by smart. Some people put emphasis on being good in school or having a degree in order to be considered smart. Personally, i go by other criteria, but my version of a smart person is definitely a plus

• Define smart?

Is it an academically astute girl that does stupid things in her private life or a woman who is not academic but who doesn't do stupid things in her private life?

• Just a smart person, I don't believe you need a degree to show you're smart 😊

• You're right it's how you live yourself that is the true measure of success.

• I definitely find it attractive, and I couldn't see myself dating someone without some brains at least. It might be a bit intimidating to some men, particularly if she's smarter than him, but to me, it's a very good trait to have.

• Knowledge is always a plus.

• Definitely. Smart girls are relationship material.

• Oh, so very much so!! 😊

• It's not a plus.. for me it's a must!

• Yeah of course.

• well i think its a plus

• It can be.
    Most men agree that a dumb girl is a minus.

• I wouldn't date a dumb girl

• Yes it is a plus

• Yes it is an active trait.

• Massively attractive! As long as it is matched with a kind open minded attitude.

• I find intelligence is one of the most attractive things!

• It's a plus, I think. I don't know, I've only dated smart women.

My double-entendre game seems to confuse, rather than charm, slower women.

I think also that smart girls tend to shoot down dumber guys, so probably I was able to date girls who I wouldn't have otherwise :p

• All other things being equal, smarter is always better. But attitude is very important too, and my experience with women who tout themselves as being smart is that they tend to be arrogant and have unpleasant attitudes toward men, and I would take dumb over that.

What Girls Said 7

• Yesss a guy who I can discuss deep things with is very important to me. I love to read and discuss my favorite books!

• It's always a plus, why would it be a negative? People want someone they can hold lengthy and interesting conversations with on occasion. When you lack intelligence, the conversation lacks substance.

• for me it's absolutely a requirement i couldn't have it any other way

• of course! nobody wants a dumbass

• A man with a brain is sexy

• Defo a plus for both.

• no men loves stupid girls. So be stupid :D