Apparently he's giving me too much attention?

I'm dating a new guy. I haven't known him that long and he has a habit of calling me after he finishes work which is up to 4 hours before I finish work. I tend to call him back later on in the evening or I text him.

Yesterday he called me when he had finished. I was really busy at work, so I couldn't respond to his call. Two hours later he texted me to say ''i thought you said you finished at 6'' to which I replied and told him no I finish at 8pm.

So on my way home I received a text from him to say he'll call me in about 5 hours when I get home (he was making a joke because he knows my journey is long) we exchanged a few texts and by 10pm he called me again, I was eating my dinner and told him this. I called him back an hour later or so and he says he thinks he's going to cut back on giving me so much attention. He said he never calls anyone this much and he basically doesn't feel like it's reciprocated.

I admit I don't initiate as much as he does, however I am genuinely very busy and just because he finishes work early, it doesn't mean I do too. I'm finding it hard to keep to with communication. I can text throughout the day, but the calls are a lot. I joked around and said I would talk to him next week. Today he didn't bother to make any contact and I actually didn't mind. I thought about him though.

Do you think he's giving me too much attention or am I just not giving him enough attention?

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems unreasonable that he expects your attention during your working hours. If you thought of him but weren't bothered that he didn't communicate, then maybe you're not that into him anyway.

• Its true. Right now I'm not sure how I feel. He called me yesterday and I happened to be at work (it was around 6:30pm ish). I didn't check my phone since I had a deadline and I left work at 10pm. I called him back and it went to voicemail. I texted him instead asking him to call me back and he didn't read it until this morning. This evening I sent him a text which he hasn't opened. I think this is the end now lol - although it never even begun

• Hey, you don't need that. You've got a career to consider, and it sounds like he wasn't very supportive of that. Hope the next one is better!

What Guys Said 1

• He thought that u werent as into him as he thought. Thats why he mention u aren't reciprocating much so he try to move on or be less clingy in fear that u might feel annoyed and lose u. Tell him what chhu told us right here that u can only text during ur work hrs and can't call. Hopefully he will understand and not be too emotional about it.

• I haven't really had a chance to talk to him properly. He called me yesterday and I happened to be at work (it was around 6:30pm ish). I didn't check my phone since I had a deadline and I left work at 10pm. I called him back and it went to voicemail. I texted him instead asking him to call me back and he didn't read it until this morning. This evening I sent him a text which he hasn't opened. I think this is the end now lol

What Girls Said 0