Do you get annoyed if your SO doesn't reply right away?

So, I'm currently talking a girl who really likes me. She doesn't like it when I take a while to respond. We're talking mere hours. I always respond within two. Usually within 30 mins. Tonight I was playing Star Wars with the guys. She got kinda upset I didn't reply.

I spent the entire day speaking to her, and I thought I might have an hour or two to myself. I don't see how that's unreasonable.

The other night I had a late one, so I went to bed later and thus woke up later.
I didn't reply until 1pm because that's when I woke up. I had 4 messages from her and when I replied she said she was worried.

I didn't add anything to it because it was an awkward conversation. I can tell she thought I stopped talking to her.

She seems a tad too attached. Should I be concerned? Note: I've known her 10 days.

Most Helpful Girl

• Damn you've only known her for 10 days and she's being this clingy? 😟
    Yeah you're not being unreasonable one bit. I've dealt with guys who sound like a clone of her lol, all I can say is a lot of people like that end up being possessive and controlling.
    Maybe try to talk to her about it a bit, maybe the next time she does it ask her why it bothers her when you're busy. I'm sorry I'm not sure how to word it. I don't know how touchy she would be. But it's just not fair to you, it's no fun to feel like someone is expecting you to give them every second of their time. You have a life too!

• She's a really sweet girl, she's fairly smart and she says the right things. I don't know if I should move closer or what.

It's kinda a tough decision..

I told her that I take a while to reply after she went to bed. We'll see how she responds. If she isn't okay I may just close the door and tell her I'm not gonna change my ways.
      I like to go about my day without having to pick my phone up every 30 seconds to reply.

• Yeah it's tough when they're good in other aspects. That's a good idea for sure. Hopefully she comes around and gives you some slack, that's just too demanding to expect you to do that.

Most Helpful Guy

• honestly I don't care if my partner takes a while to respond I mean we both got lives, if she's gonna go out or something just give me a heads up. Other then that I don't mind also that gal your talking to seems really clingy.

• She keeps saying how amazing I am.. I just brush it off with a cocky comment saying "I know I am"

I think I may tell her to loosen her grip dude..

• Thanks bro! :')

What Girls Said 11

• I can't deny that sometimes I'd like to receive an answer quickly, BUT, I understand, we all have lives and we have to do stuff. I get mad but then I just relax and wait for the reply. It can take like a week and I would be okay, it's like.. Feel free to text me when you want to, because I'm against talking like "oh yeah, so.., what are you doing?" That's annoying as fuck, if you want to talk, then talk to me, if you don't, then just tell me you're busy, that's it.

• no bc i am not a control freak!

• Lol not at all, I don't give a fuck.

• As long as he replies within the day I'm okay with it, people can be busy sometimes, not always on their phone..

• She sounds annoying. Answering your question, no I don't get annoyed. I have people that take days or even weeks to reply back, it's all good. I don't care much about texting anyways so I don't mind.

• 😬 she's the scary kind of clingy bud. Sorry

• No, I don't get annoyed, because I'm not crazy.

10 days, and not in a relationship yet, and she's already like this? RUN, BOY. RUN.

• i would understand if she felt you made her feel lonely if you guys been going out for months and all sudden you stop msging like you use to but 10 days? i think thats a bad sign unless you guys really hit it off and she's worry you'll get bored and ditch her so it goes both ways

• I still haven't decided what it is I want and if she is right for me. I need to keep talking to her and find out if I feel anything for her. She certainly feels for me. I can read her by the way she talks to me.

• then your worrying over nothing she just probably really likes you and probably she can't read you so she's worrying and wondering what your thinking or planning to do

• Haha oh yess I do , he has to stop doing whatever the fuck he doing and pay me attention.

• Next time tell her that you wil be busy for a couple of hours but you will reply later :) All you need to do is communicate! Let her know your busy! But yeah she is a bit needy but then again she dont know you that well.

• As long as it's not important, then I don't care as long as they respond sometime that day.

What Guys Said 3

• In this case you could avoid the mellow drama by just saying something like I have a few guys friends over and I'll be a bit busy , I'll talk at you when they leave. She will know that your not ignoring her. It may be that you don't owe her that but it's just a courtesy

• Sounds like she doesn't have anything to do so instead she crave for attention. If u aren't a gamer, prob u will feel her pain lel

• Unless it is a urgent question I don't really care for instantaneous messaging.
    If I want to have a conversation I'll call you or talk face to face.

And yeah she's clingy.