Have you ever physically hit your GF/BF?

Also what's your take on girls hitting there boyfriend and it being ok, but if the boyfriend hits the girl it's not ok

• No never
  • Yes but I didn't mean too, argument got heated
  • Yes and I meant it

Most Helpful Guy

• Never out of aggression, but sometimes during sex it can be fun to slap each other around a bit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have. He slapped me for trying to leave. It was on. Of course thats when I was a 19 year old punk😛

What Guys Said 22

• Nobody should be hitting anyone. I've gotten punched and slapped by girls. A girlfriend tried to bite me and break skin. I held her head back, but didn't hit her.

I've always hated even "flirt punching." Though I think a slight, playful tap on the butt (not hard, not spanking, not rough, but just playing) might be the gray area.

Otherwise, just... no. No matter how provoked you may feel, even if it's out of line, the only hitting should be self defense if you honestly fear for your life and you have no other option to get away safely, then ok. Otherwise, no. It's not cool for either gender.

• I've never hit a human being in my life and I never will. I can't fight as far as I'm aware. I've never had to. I don't run my mouth at people.

You don't need to be a figher to be respected. People like me because of my character. I've always been able to settle my problems with words.

In answer to your question: I've never had a proper girlfriend.

• Not unless you count snapping their bikini tops like rubber bands...
    But they've hit me a fair number of times, SO sexist, these girls...

• No I've never hit any of my partners, and luckily none of my partners ever hit me.

What do i think about it being acceptable for a girlfriend to hit her boyfriend but not vice versa? There are VERY FEW things in this world that truly ENRAGE me... but this is one of them.

• One time this girl called me a name, then i called her one back. It must have struck a nerve cuz this girl kicked me in the balls. Didn't even get detention/suspended or anything. Total bullshit. It was really hard too, i fucking crumbled. You CAN actually fucking smash them, you know. And the girls around her thought it was just the funniest fucking thing in the world.

If the paradigms were switched, those girls would have either called the cops or stomped the shit out of her.

• I'm not a caveman.

• I've never struck a lover in anger (sex games yes I have but that was consensual play) as for women hitting men, just as bad as men hitting women.

• I've never hit a female... luckily I've never been a guy that was in the position of getting assaulted.

• Lol nope, if she tries she'll be restrained if she's actually try to hurt me and I'll never hit nor slap a woman unless I have a damn good reason.

• Violence is not the solution in a relationship so it's to acceptable, communication is how to solve relationship issues. But I never hit a girl.

• I only ever touch my girlfriend with love, not anger.

• Guy's should NEVER hit girls, It's WEAK. And girls should never hit guys, they're asking to be hit back.
    Unless she's a wrestler and she's really beating the c#%p out of you, then I suppose it's self defence, and your a wimp!

• Excluding play fights no.

• On purpose hell no but i was clumsy, shit happens.

• I never really hit women unless if they want to fight me, or if we are doing some martial arts thing. :P. In that case I will have to win that black belt so there is my two cents for you. :D.

• no never..

• I think people just shouldn't hit people and be done with it there

• I would never either

• Never. I only resort to physical violence in self defense.

• Never, and never would!
    But I have given some wickedly hard spank/ass grabs :)

• There was this one time my girl was running her mouth to some guy and I had to push her away because all she was doing was starting trouble between him and I, and she got mad that I didn't 'defend her honor' so she hit me, so I slapped her square across the lips and told her that if she didn't shut the fuck up I'd drag her back to that guy and let her finish what she started.

• Not interested in relationships or marriage. But ideally women should be beaten from time-to-time in a relationship

• Nice troll, ass hole.

• It's just for the sake of all good... your evil needs to be kept in check!

What Girls Said 15

• Um... yes. But none of your options qualify...

We were playing around by pretending to punch each other and we got a little too into it (we were slowly punching harder and harder - trying to one-up the other/typical behavior for like a 12 year old lol) and I may have... accidentally landed a punch square on the bridge of his nose.

I felt really bad about it. He bruised.

That was the end of that game. I told him he could punch me back. Fair is fair, a punch for a punch. He said he'd save it for later. Kind of like Marshal's Slap game with Barney.

But don't worry. He has promised me that I've got one coming. His current plan is to punch me in the face on our wedding day instead of kiss me.

Preacher: You may now kiss the bride
    Him: *Decks Bride*

As for how I feel about men and women hitting each other. I don't approve of putting your hands on each other in violence, but I feel like if you're going to do it (man or woman) you have signed an unwritten contract agreeing to be hit back.

I don't agree with the double standard of men can't hit women but women can hit men. If men can't hit women then women can't hit men. Or, if women want to keep their hitting rights then men should be allowed to hit women.

Like, if I, for some reason, genuinely flew off the handle and attacked my boyfriend I would not expect any of this restraint nonsense that guys talk about doing. I would expect him to come back at me with the full force of all his power and lay me out cold. Crazy people deserve to have their ass kicked.

I am 5'4 and 100 lbs. My boyfriend is 6'5 and 200. I would expect him not to take into consideration our size difference. If I were behaving violently toward him I would want him to put me down. End the threat. Like, if I attacked him, none of this grabbing of my wrists and holding me at bay. I'd want him to close line me. Knock me out, punch me in the face, fracture my jaw, put me in a full nelson. Whatever it takes to end the threat.

Just like if he were going to attack me, you can bet your ass I'll fight back and it will be to end the threat.

I don't mess around when it comes to defending yourself. I don't care what you're packing down there. You hit someone, they have every right to hit you back.

Sorry for my long winded answer

• I have never and I absolutely detest women who hit men. Men should not hit women either mind you, but she has the benefit of social biased. If she slaps him it will not be viewed as severe as if he hits her. So if a girl hits a guy whom she KNOWS will not hit her back, that is low and deplorable. Nobody should strike anybody in anger, and if you cannot control yourself you need to NOT be in a relationship.

• No one should hit anyone. I slap my boyfriend on the butt on occasion and he does the same to me but that's the farthest I'll ever go to hitting him. It's just not right.

• I fucking hate it when girls hit their boyfriends and get away with it

I mean yeah, guys beating girls isn't good either, but it's less socially accepted.

• The sad thing is society does not care when girls physically assault guys. I am of the view that anyone regardless of their gender should get the same punishment for it.

• Never done it, and there should be no hitting at all.

• i would never

• I think if its okay for a girl to hit a boy its okay for a boy to hit a girl

• Why tho? Why is it ok for the girl but no the guy?

• Because society is sexist and is all about making women equal when really they are trying to make them superior

• Nope. Those who did need anger management or better taste in partners.

• LOL not aggressively no but I enjoy wrestling with him. So yeah we both have some bruises here and there but nothing serious

• nobody should be hitting anyone plain and simple

• Honestly yes i have on the arm and I also pushed him away because he was being being an asshole to me he ended up apologizing .

• No, I have not. People that hit deserve to be in jail, not in a relationship.

• I did slap a boyfriend in high school.

• As a joke and not hard.

• I only physically with agress towards someone who forced themselves into my space, I have never hurt someone intentionally and dont plan to.(my rugby ( I was the scared to death sprinter at the far end) and brother wrestling days aside). I dont even like hitting for spanking nope nope. I am in a d/s relationship and we feel absolutely no need for violence at all. there is no excuse for hurting someone.. but if you accidentally do be mindful and kind if you can ^.^ fake punching still hurts just as sarcasm still hurts. not all pain is instant if you look back on the memory and it hurts maybe you shouldn't make memories of joy that way. anywho good luck with what your looking for.