My friend is threatening to tell my wife?

I had an affair with a female friend for an year (she's single). now, she's threatening to tell my wife about everything. how can I stop her? my female friend slapped me when I begged her not to tell.

I meant to write month. my bad!
and I fear hurting my wife. she is really sweet and does not deserve to be hurt by my friend

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope she does lol. ALSO
    "and I fear hurting my wife. she is really sweet and does not deserve to be hurt by my friend"

She is being hurt by YOU, jackass. I hope she finds out so she can leave you and find a dude who deserves her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude, your wife is really sweet, YOU are the one hurting her!

She deserves to know what a selfish man you are, who does not appreciate the beauty that is right in your own home. Instead you go whoring your heart out to other women, how shameful!

• Hey man, it's obviously you are remorseful. Summon up every ounce of love for your wife, and tell her yourself. Remember the time you were dating her, remember how you felt- you were alone- but then you found her. Tell her, and weep, weep for the pain you caused her. Apologize. If she leaves, it is on her back. If he stays, then she is the most wonderful woman in the world, and if you cheat on her again I will fucking find you.

What Girls Said 16

• Cheating is bad. But so is emotional blackmail, and it sounds like you chose the wrong person to have an affair with, unfortunately.

Here's the thing... she's probably bluffing. It takes a lot of guts to go face a woman and confess that you are nothing more than a low-life homewrecker. Do you think she will actually do it? Most women don't really want that kind of thing going public. I guess my second question would be this: what happened that turned her against you? What turned her from being your lover to being your worst enemy?

I think your psycho friend in this instance is making as much of a mistake as you are. I would remind her that if she does go talk to your wife, every time you see her with a guy, you plan on approaching him to give him the 'heads-up' on what a manipulative and unstable wreck she is. Because, you know... he deserves to know who he's with. Turn about is fair play.

Talk to your wife. Bring diamonds when you go talk to her, and a heartfelt apology letter. Shed some tears. Tell her that she has your whole heart, and that you made the biggest mistake of your life. Mean every word of it. Let her know that she is your partner, your soul mate, and your best friend. Hope that she accepts your apology. And then don't cheat anymore.

• You can't. She's probably tired of being second best (which is her fault just as much as it is yours) and you know what they say about a scorned woman...

• Cheaters don't think ahead of time don't they?

Your sweet wife sure didn't deserve to get cheated. If you want to find any solution to this, the only way is stop being selfish for once and confess to your wife. She deserves to know and be given the choice of either working this out with you or divorcing you.

• Man you have to pick better side bitches. Don't fuck what you can't trust.

• 'And I fear hurting my wife. she is really sweet and does not deserve to be hurt my my friend'

WHAT? Were you born without a brain?

• I am sorry ur going to have to tell ur wife.

• Hope she tells you deserve it and your wife deserves someone who will worship her. You should have kept it in your pants.

• Shouldn't have cheated dirtbag.

• You fucked up...

• I hope she will tell her.

• Your choices are:

A. Confess

B. Hit man

Good luck

• Good for her hope your wife signs divorce papers and send them to you bc she doesn't deserve a pussy like you

• Oh now you don't want hurt your wife because this how is gonna put you on blast smh. Where was all this concern about her feeling when you were banging this broad? 😒

• She should tell. Because your wife deserves to know. You're disgusting.

• Well... not defending the cheating husband... but the beach did know she was fucking a married man... for A YEAR!

Not cool.

• it was actually a month. my bad!

• Oh well shit fire... that's different! It's all the other woman's fault!! 😩

• For future reference, if you feel the need to cheat - do it with a woman who is also married, then you both have the same to lose!

As regards your current situation, I don't know what to tell you. This woman is clearly throwing her toys out of the pram. She's realised that you're not going to leave your wife for her, so now she wants revenge and doesn't give a toss about hurting your wife in the process, so long as you "pay" for not choosing her.

Sensible approach is to just get in first and tell your wife. Alternatively, as @TripleAce said, what do you have on this woman?

• Ya done messed up, man. The truth comes out eventually. You should tell your wife as soon as you can, and not have her hear about it from someone else.

• there's no way to hide it? just move on?

• The truth will always come to light. The proper and respectable thing to do is to tell your wife.

If your wife was cheating on you... same thing. It would be the right thing to do for her to tell you that she slept with another, not have the man she slept with tell you.

What Guys Said 12

• "and I fear hurting my wife. she is really sweet and does not deserve to be hurt by my friend"

if you didn't want to hurt her you wouldn't have cheated. Oh and don't kid yourself YOU hurt her not the friend.

• Hummm... that women is over stepping her role. She needs to move on. Your only option is to blackmail her, sadly. Find some dirt on this girl, everyone has some skeletons in their closet

• You gonna have to tell your wife before your "friend" does. You'd still be pretty fucked if your wife finds out you only came clean cause your friend threaten to expose ya

• You have to kill her and end up on Psychic Detectives which is on Netflix.

• It's better to come from you than from her, but either way, you're screwed

• you are dumb for cheating. go tell your wife yourself. be a man

• you are screwed shouldn't have cheated on your wife

• man up, and tell your wife yourself

• Just kick her ass and take control.

• Why u scare that much from your wifr?

• How do you know your wife is sweet, if she is doing same behind your as?
    Don't worry life is journey, whatever happened, happened. Go tell you your wife and feel sorry, else don't afraid of that girl and let her tell, nothing will happen.
    Whatever happens, happens for luck

• ask her why she wants to tell your wife does she love you, or does she feel guilty? Next, I would tell your wife, man. Tell it was a mistake or whatever, but you need to tell her. That was also an inappropriate thing to do to your wife. Shouldn't of cheated, dude.