How can I do this without making things awkward between us?

There's this girl I like. However, because the two of us are involved in the running of a university club together - I don't want to risk potentially making things awkward between us by making a move as we still have to be in contact with each other; it isn't like I'd get away with not seeing her or talking to her again.

She's pretty shy, and I kind of get the feeling that she is interested too but I'm getting a lot of mixed signals, and I feel, as well as based on input from mutual friends, that she is in the same situation as me and doesn't want it to be awkward.

How can I ask her out without making things too awkward between us?

What Girls Said 1

• What do you mean by "in the running"? Are you guys on the same campaign, or competing?

• No no no not competing or same campaign. We are both involved in the operation/organisation (for lack of a better word) of a university club/society/social group together so as you can imagine, we both see and communicate with each other regularly.

• I think the easiest solution would be "dating as friends". There was a guy I was into, and we both liked each other a lot, but we didn't know if we wanted to date—so we just became super close friends. In the end, we decided not to date (because we figured out personal differences that would make a relationship impossible), but he is now one of my best friends. We help each other with relationship problems.

• Why don't you just try to become friends with her? You could be honest and tell her that you think she's cute and just want to get to know her, but hold off on labels. It's your decision, really.

What Guys Said 0