He thinks i'm lying to him and wants nothing to do with me, but I'm telling the truth. Should I try to prove that i'm telling to the truth or not?

I've been with him for 3 years. We're both 28. About a week ago, he told me basically needed time because his financial situation is really bad and he wants to get his life together. This was hard for me, and i fought for him at first, but now i've accepted his decision. Although he made this decision, we've still been really close -- we talk every other day or so and we're kind've just normal towards each other. So fast forwarding to yesterday, I know this may sound really embarrasing, but I rarely wear underwear (panties) when i'm wearing work clothes. I only do this if i'm wear pretty baggy work pants I do this. I just hate wearing them and i hardly ever wear underwear when i'm home. I've been doing this for a long time, but i guess he never noticed. So yesterday i was over his house and he asked me to change into his shorts instead of being in my work pants. So i did and he noticed I wasn't wearing any underwear. He got so outraged that I can't even put it in writing; he kept asking why the hell aren't you wearing underwear, you've never done this before, and so on. He also said that he's going to make sure to go have sex with another girl. I reassured him that I do this often and i actually went over his house several times after work and i didn't have underwear on. I would just change into his clothes and put his boxers on without him being around, or he just didn't notice before now. So I was really hurt, and even started crying just a little, because we claim that we trust each other; i was shocked at his entire reaction. He even tried to kick me out, but I stayed at this house for a couple hours after that and continued to reassure him that I always do this and i didn't do anything wrong. I'm just so hurt by this situation. Today i don't know if i should continue to try to prove to him that i wasn't lying or just leave this situation alone and not contact him. It's evident that he wants nothing to do with me

Most Helpful Guy

• This is proof positive that he doesn't trust you as much as he claims. If there isn't trust there isn't a relationship , being that trust is the foundation in which relationships are built on. If this is truly his stand , there is only one way this will go ; badly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to say, you shouldn't have to deal with this, I think he did you a favour by needing time, can't you see you don't need him? Why would you want to be with someone who would doubt you after 3 years of being faithful and honest (at least I hope you were), and ESPECIALLY someone who would "knock you out"? I think you know the answer and it's to not bother any longer, you're putting yourself through hell over someone who thinks so little of you and who would get back at you as revenge for something he made up in his mind..

What Guys Said 2

• You don't have to prove anything. It's a difficult situation, but he's being the unreasonable one. I think the best thing to do is to leave him alone for a while. If he does go off with another lady, even just once, then he has done something that can never be put right. In that case, forget him and go find a more reasonable guy.

• You're not really giving a good reason as to why you don't wear underwear

What Girls Said 2

• That's his proof that you were cheating? Come on he clearly doesn't trust you and I'm sorry but if you guys are down for each other you wouldn't need time to get over financial difficulties that is something you can over Coke together is he sure there isn't another issue?

• Sounds to me that he doesn't really believe you but I do, I do it too so your not the only one. If he doesn't believe you then I say don't contact him, it's obvious that he hurt you emotionally. You deserve someone better than that.