I have cheated on my girlfriend, what do I do?

I recently cheated on my girlfriend with another girl. We were drunk, and then had sex. I feel awful. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, at least you admitted that you cheated. And you're not being a punk like those people who say "omg! I was drunk, it was an accident". There is no "accidental" cheating.

Congratulations, you're up a few rungs on the piece of shit ladder.

Now, if you want to stay with her, tell her. If you're serious, tell her it was a one time thing and won't happen again (AND THIS IS ONLY IF YOU MEAN IT. Don't lie like a piece of shit you've established yourself to be, you're still redeemable, not a totally lost cause).
    Just don't be surprised or expect her to take you back.

Most Helpful Guy

• Every cheater always say "... I was drunk..." like if that was an excuse.
    You fucked up. Tell her and hopefully she dumps you.

What Girls Said 14

• DO tell your girlfriend if you care about her and not want to relieve your guilt, being drunk only brings out the things you would do but don't have the balls to. That's not an excuse, if you're not ready to be 100% committed don't be in a relationship.

• You should tell your girlfriend the truth. You should take time to think about why you cheated. Drinking lowers your inhibitions; it doesn't change who you are or what you want to do.

If you aren't ready for a committed relationship, then take the time being single to reach that point. If your relationship isn't meeting your emotional needs but could, then that requires work on both sides.

She may not forgive you, but it's probably better than living with a guilty secret, especially one that could come to light some other way in time. Isn't it better that you show her enough respect to tell her yourself?

• We're all human and make mistakes. You should ask yourself why did you cheat. Why did you even allow yourself to be put in that situation? Perhaps you'd rather be single and be free. If that's the case, then break up. If you truly do love your girlfriend, then be honest with her. Tell her you love her and spoil the crap out of her. Still, give her her desired space to grieve over your infidelity. It's OK for both of you to take time alone to think. But don't say nothing like "we should break up because I don't deserve you." ... I hate that crap.

• you should accept what a jerk you are and leave the girl cuz she deserves better..

• Tell her, say you're sorry, and prepare yourself for the fury and breakup that may follow. And for the love of god, do NOT say you were drunk like it's an excuse. It's not. In fact, don't say anything as an excuse for cheating. You fucked up real bad, and you gotta deal with it.

• No excuse for cheating... Just no excuse 😁

• Good. You should feel bad. Tell her straight and brace yourself.

• Only tell her if you think it's going to happen again. In which case, you should probably break up.

• ... confess?

• go and tell her... then watch her telling you that its all over and that she will never forgive you

• Just tell her as soon as possible and brace for the outcome.

• Feel awful because that is an awful thing to do. Don't tell your girlfriend because you will break her heart. You messed up so you live with the guilt

• You should confront your girlfriend if you want this relationship to last. Before its too late.

• She will never ever forgive you

What Guys Said 20

• Come clean and hand her a knife?

• Pay the price she deserves. Tell her. You broke the trust. I personally don't judge. It's not my place to denounce you or wish you harm. You made your choice, you must live with the consequences. Good luck m8

• If you are remorseful about it, then will not do it again, then move on with the relationship.
    If you feel the need to tell her, then do so, but know that you might lose her.

• Tell her what you've done. Prepare for some ugly consequences.

• Live with the guilt. In silence. And get yourself tested for STDs.

• I would tell her and hope for the best...

• Tell her. See how she reacts. She'll probably break up with you though

• I guess decide if you want to tell her or not. I would want to know if I were her. She'll likely end it though. Maybe you aren't ready to be committed.

• For the love of god don't confess... DON'T CONFESS DON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESSDON'T CONFESS

• Definitely tell her. You can hope you stay together, but if she wants to stay together then you should do the right thing and break it off. This'll only tear away at her.

• This is one reason why I don't drink

• Do her the biggest favor and leave her. Drinking is the most pathetic overused excuse, and you should feel awful. Never would I cheat on my girlfriend. A lot of men still seem to be fucked up in this mindset of cheating.

• Being under the influence of alcohol is not an excuse. Tell her.

• You do it again of course.

• Feeling aweful is good, that means u still love her. But u made a mistake and she has the right to leave u and finish yhis relation so i would loce u to tell her because living with this mistake is a disaster.

• tell her the truth, see where it goes and maybe it is a sign

• Start looking for a new girl

• You should be fired right away... Thats the reason people like us who tries hard to be honest but still never gets fucking girlfriend

• Buy a rope and tie it to a nice strong point put the other end around your neck. Then kick the bucket under you

• Tell her the complete truth... if you're man enough.