Girls, do guys looks and age matter to you if he is very confident?

any kind of older legal age and looks.

• yes
    65% (91)
  • no
    20% (28)
  • other (in comments)
    15% (22)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
i meant about older age. does older age matter?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I love to see confidence in a man, but I don't think it matters on the age and looks, it all depends on the personality, and if they will show some sort of boost of confindenc

What Girls Said 40

• I don't care how confident he is, if he's 16 it's not happening. And if he's 30 it's not happening.

And if he's not decent to look at then it's not happening.

• Of course they matter.

• Yes, it still does because you still have to be compatible, which for a lot of women means having a mutual attraction and being at a particular stage in life. For me personally I don't date men that are more than 4-6 years older than me because I prefer to date men closer to my age range.

• Of course they do... o. O
    It's like asking 'do girl's looks matter if she's smart and funny' - everyone will tell you - yes.

• I have dated many confident but not good looking guys, the confidence by itself wasn't enough to make me interested- we needed to have lots in common, too. I'd rather date a not so looking guy who I had loads in common with AND was confident, than a guy who was nice to look at but I had sweet FA in common with.

if I had a hierarchy of preferences it would go:

1) Good looking + confident + we have lots in common (this is very rare, and usually the guy is likely to have some red flag that detracts from him being ideal -- like being a womaniser)
    2) Not especially good looking but confident and we have lots in common.
    3) Good looking and confident but we have zero in common
    4) Lots in common, not especially good looking, little confidence
    5) Good looking but not confident, zero in common (can't really think of how many guys like this exist, but a few must)

80% of the guys I have been involved with fall under number 2, but maybe other women are different.

As far as age is concerned, I have never been with anyone younger. I have dated up to 14 years older and probably wouldn't go more than 20 years older.

• I came across a very confident guy and a not as confident guy recently. Confident one was average in looks and not confident was very gorgeous, but modest. I went for the modest one. So what I am trying to say is, looks, age and confidence mattered less, modesty mattered more.

• what is modesty. could you explain

• Both of those guys were accomplished. The modest one actually had more education and was not up his backside about it.

• like i am a scientist

• I would never date some younger than me but I have dated with an age gap as big as 26 years. So older guys do sometimes do it for me.

• Yes. If he is 10 years older than me, then that is too much. Maybe 4 years older, or two/three years younger. Thats it. With looks, yeah I have to find him physically attractive and more than just confidence. I have to feel a close connection and affection of wanting to be by him all the time.

• Looks not really, age maybe.
    If he's like 3 years older or younger, that's fine. but if he's 10 years older or younger... I don't know about that!

• Also sometimes someone can be good looking but not attractive. Someone can be considered average yet is attractive. (to me atleast)
      Not sure how to explain it but hope it makes sense.

• Confidence, knowledge and mental maturity (which are truly rare amongst guys my age). If a guy has these qualities, looks and age wouldn't matter that much to me. But still I would never consider dating anyone under 18.

• i meant older age

• It's difficult to say right now since I haven't been in this kind of situation.. but yes I think so.

• why difficult

• if he is very confident no ,, but looks sometimes yes if he is looking like a baby face I think it matters ( to me ).

• Of course. Even if confidence is a good thing, it can only take you so far. If I'm not physically attracted to you, then I'll appreciate the confidence but we will never be more than just friends. And if he's too old or too young for me, then his looks and confidence wouldn't matter, since I wouldn't be able to overcome the age difference.

• Yes. I'd say my age limit up is 5 years just based on where I am in life right now. I'm a young adult figuring things out, and he shouldn't be much (though a little is okay) more experienced than I am. 23 would mean we'd both be in college (or he's just graduated) and on similar planes of maturity (since girls mature faster).

Younger would not be ok right now, but that's just because I'm 18. The whole legality and child vs adult thing. Once I'm older, really 2 years max. Because women mature faster.

But the age gap narrows as you get older. 14 and 18 is huge, whereas 30 and 36 isn't even though it's an additional two years.

As for looks, I've fallen for guys that were average at best, but that's because compatibility everywhere else was spot on. He can't be hideous, but to me looks aren't everything. I'm shallow enough that I'll notice looks right away, but I also get over it if it's not that bad and I am emotionally attracted to him.

• Sorry to say, but looks always matter.

• I wouldn't date a 40 year old unless I truly felt something magical.

• I dont care about his look , nationality or religion
    if he is nice and kind so Im happy with

• Yes of course it still matters.

• yeah both will still matter to me to an extent.

• For sure it matters to me. I only date someone 2 years younger or 5 older...

• Yes of course, there have been sooo many confident guys in my life and I haven't really been attracted to a single one of them.
    Confidence is not everything.

• Appearance isn't a big deciding factor for me. Age: I can't imagine being with someone much older than I am.

• Yes, they do matter. I'd never date anyone more then 2 years older or 1 year younger than me.

• Confidence itself doesn't make you dateable..

If you're 17 or younger I consider you too young for me. I probably also wouldn't date a guy who is older than 23.

If i'm not attracted to him, I'm simply not. Even if he's confident.

• yeah it still matters..

• As long as he's not younger than me, or insanely older than me (like older than 27) it's fine. Look matter to me just as much as confidence… He should have both.

• Personality matters more to me. Not really confidence though I have a weir attraction to the socially awkward nerd type.

Age only matters if they are illegal or my dad's age or older brother (13 years older)

Otherwise not so much

• Age yes definitely. Looks, well that's subjective.

• yup, it matters. i am not inclined to date someone younger than me.

• i would only care if he's under 23 and over 35... he cannot be younger than 23 or older that 35... & i have to be attracted to him... if im not then idc how confident he is

• I don't care if a guy is confident as long as he doesn't let his insecurities turn him into a douche

• More from Girls
    10