Are you impressed by smooth-talkers?

Or does it generally make you laugh and write them off? I just got a message on OkCupid, which I haven't actively used since I signed up some months ago, and the guy was decently smooth in his approach:

Are you impressed by smooth-talkers?

But it just kind of made me laugh, and didn't really make me want to message him back or take him up on his offer.

So do you usually fall for smooth talkers or are you immune to them?

... And then there's this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/bfiV6b8.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that guy is a smooth talker, he's just corny. A real smoth talker is more subtle and is able to manipulate and charm people into acting how they want, without them even realizing it.

• It was pretty smooth in my book tbh

• Well compared to the guys who start with "hey, want to see my dick" yeah he's smooth but what he said seems pretty cheesy to me :/

• Cheesy but the delivery was smooth. Like velveeta.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... LOL.
    yeah it'd just be a giggle and a "seriously?" [in my head] from me. I'm not really one of those people who enjoys a smooth talker unless he's just one of those clowns who likes to act like a stud.

What Guys Said 26

• NickHaze definitely has fire weed. Hit him up😜

• I don't know if I'd call that smooth lol... more like a cheesy pickup line. Sure he's forward but not smooth :P

If he was actually smooth he'd be a lot more charming and witty... you wouldn't even see the smoothness happening lol... that other guy though LOL! I swear every guy online is 8 inches :D :D

• Smooth talkers usually make me laugh but their background personality usually decides whether It is a good laugh or a bad laugh - Of the two guys, I am not sure what female version of them would be but the first guy would get an icebreaker maybe have a bit of a chat to see where it would go while the second guy would be "Eeeww, Delete"

• Don't bother asking this to guys since the wast majority of them have never had a woman smooth-talk them.

• 94 messages!!! Shit. If you took all the first messages I got over the last 5 years and multiplied them by 5, you still wouldn't get 94. Jesus, no wonder women can afford to be so picky.

• I think it's like 100 something now because I got an onslaught of them when I made the mistake of opening some messages. :l I dunno it just shows an infinity sign instead of a number now lol

• Well I mean, if it makes you feel better with the majority of them I just open up their messages and don't say anything lol I think I've replied to maybe 5 out of all of those messages.

• 5 out of infinity is an infinitely small response rate. No wonder my messages never get responded to 😭

• What are u scared off? He seems like a cool dude!

• Not scared just not interested.

• Because he wants a relationship and I don't lol

• *do you think he's a player?

I know you're #NeverScared ! 8-)

• 😂me personally, I couldn't say that shit. In my mind, a guy who uses those words come off as over elaborate. I hope women can see that. The other guy is direct. I Would say something along the lines of, "hey gorgeous, what you listening to? I love music and you have earphones?"

• Dude, you're so cynical. What if he's genuinely enchanted by you? :)

• Then he can be enchanted by me but I'm not interested lol

• I suppose Zzzyyyy offers more of a guarantee, with his 8 inches :)

• Hold on, 94 messages? Gosh, you women really do have it so easy :P

• I could never send anything like that. I'd be way too embarrassed. Kudos to him for being brave enough to do it though.

• I also have an okcupid. I usually do the classic "hey" and then get no response. I'm too boring for a girl lol.

• Well if it makes you feel better, he didn't get a response either.

• Yeah I figured. I've done lots of trying to connect with them and their profiles but no luck. So I gave up 🙄

• If he was smooth you wouldn't be a virgin

• OKCupid!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!
    HHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I was on that before it was a dating site and had quizzes.

• Sounds like he got those lines from the Internet I was expecting some smooth talker from the movies

• Im a combination of zzyy and nick haze 😈

• @Empatheticlady are u impressed by Me love?

• I am a smooth talker apparently... I don't try to be but women say I am :'D But to answer your question, if a woman can smooth talk I am all for that sexiness ;)

• Immune af :)

• I like the way some people say things, bring up things though but that doesn't mean that I'll fall for it

• Yes. I am. Talk smooth to me.

• I'm always smooth, but I would never be that direct hah... totally laughable.

• meh... I guess something between those 2 would be nice ;)

• Something like "Your eyes could grow a smile on every guy's face. Why don't you grow a boner in my pants this weekend? I got a 4 inch ready to become 8 ;) "
      Good enough?

• @AleDeEurope Omfg 😂😂

• @AleDeEurope yeah, that one's perfect 😂👍

• anybody could be smooth on the internet

• I'm more surprised you'd even need to use online dating

• Thats a pickup line, not smooth talking.

• That's not that smooth to me.

If a girl came up to me with some smooth talk I'd just laugh and walk off.

• Nice leopard printed top you got there ;)

• Embarassing I do that too. :/

What Girls Said 14

• I hate when guys smooth talk to me, it seem so fake and staged, makes me uncomfortable and feels phony

• It just feels fake for me to believe.

• Depends on the guy. I don't mind them. It's fun to get smooth talked. I can honestly say I am not ammnune.

• It might give me a good giggle but it makes me feel suspicious because he might actually be sweet and try to go for this approach because it usually makes a woman smile BUT he might also just be trying to get me into bed so... I don't know, I would maybe take him up on his offer and then see how it goes.

• Well the dude is trying LOL I'm immune to smooth talkers. I think it's nice but eh lol

• As someone who's more literally stimulated, I'll say yes. I can usually tell when it's bull but I still find it amusing.

• I think it's cute :p totally transparent but funny. Id probably message back

• It depends. That to me, is not smooth at all. First of all, I doubt he would have the cajones to come up to you and say that in person. Second, it is just corny, not really smooth.

• Compared to the other messages I get its quite smooth, actually.

• Sometimes cute sometimes I like better a guy telling in hot rightaway and sinetimes i orefer a hi hahaha

• Everytime someone says something like that I laugh but it makes them sound friendly normally so I don't know 💁

• No, I'm not. I'm wary of them and steer clear of them.

• LOL. you should totally respond to Nick. "bet you say that to all the ladies"

• I don't wanna give the guy false hope by responding 😅

• i wanted to know the extent of his smoothtalking abilities... alas, that shall have to remain a mystery :p

• they might be sweet talking yiu... but do they really mean it? think about that.

• I consider them pathetic.