Girls, guys, what is your most important criterium to find a person attractive?

I mean both the general question if you go for a nice looking person or for the person who seems to have a nice attitude and looks at you with a big smile. I definitely go for the big smile, for me the looks are of inferior importance!

• I go for the attractive looking guy or girl.
  • I go for the smiling guy or girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• For a person whose personality I click with, the person who makes me laugh and the person whom I have chemistry with (which can't be controlled). =)

Most Helpful Guy

• I go for the girl with good grades. Grades are the indication of a combination of smart and hard working.

• That may be a good strategy, as a way of finding a serious person :D

What Girls Said 4

• I go for the smiling guy or girl.

• Smiles are more powerful than any scowl, no matter how attractive that person is wearing one.

• Im a pretty laid back, converses and baggy shirts kinda girl, so I like people who are relaxed and at peace with themselves, first and foremost.

• Yeah, me too. I'm pretty shy until I'm at ease with a person. Than I open up.
      Wild people are not the once I'd feel a match with :o
      But a big warm smile from a simple, nice girl and I'm sold :D

• I go for the muscles.
    (Okay, I am joking)

• Haha Muscles from Brussels... Jean Claude is waiting for you :D

What Guys Said 8

• If I only get one or the other I'm definitely going to take A for the simple fact that without both, it already doomed to fail. So gimme the sexual satisfaction while there is still any satisfaction to be had in choosing one over the other.

• Haha that sounds like the "female consumption product" :o
      But I asked this question to get a variety of opinions so thanks!

• Intelligence

• That too can be relevant, though her attitude is more important to me.
      If she's intelligent but brutal, no way...

• I could never be irked to make something like this up.

• For me both is required

• Haha sorry I made the vote unpractical for you... I could have included the option "both"!

• She has to make me laugh and be like my best friend

• That's a big truth! I'd love my best friend to become my girlfriend and than wife :D

• I said attractive simply because I don't think smiling is a good indication of being attractive.
    If a girl has a bad personality I'll dump her though.

• To me, an attractive personality (sweet, nice smile, helpful,...) is also attractive. And when the lady will be 60, her physical attractiveness will have partially disappeared but that other aspect does not go!

• Most girls will go for the outgoing, happy, smiling guy. Even if you're above average, you won't get as much attention if you act like a wallpaper unless you are REALLY attractive.

My brother is the outgoing, happy, carefree, smiling guy. He's goofy. He's had no issues with women, girls respond to him very well. Me on the other hand? I'm guarded, less open. It intimidates women. Women want to feel safe.

• Yeah, the poll confirms what you say... the girls go for the smile!

• Looks is always first for me. It's the least meaningful trait to me but it's always the first disqualifier. Otherwise there's just too many people to choose from. So in terms of what I care about its least important. In terms of how helpful of a deciding factor it is it's my most important.

• That's interesting: beauty is the first filter and than you take the best one from the available beautiful girls... I hope they're into you since if you filter yields zero girls...

• It's been working for me this far.