Do you feel that some people don't know how to have a relationship?

Like they give up at the first disagreement?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah some people are like that, don't like confrontation so they just don't deal with relationships, I've been in several so I'm use to it but other guys will just run away

• Yeah my ex really hurt my feelings and I started crying. It was the middle of the night and his only response was do you want me to leave.

• Yeah I told him he could go but he stayed since I didn't tell him to go. He got mad and turned his back on me in bed which just made it so much worse. I wasn't accusing him of anything or mad I was just hurt. All he had to do was hug me.

That's when I realized I couldn't be in a relationship with him. Because it was always going to be like that. He thinks he wants a serious long term relationship but has no idea how to be in one. Neither him or his older brother have ever had a serious relationship and they are in their 30's.

• Some guys never learned how to understand a woman, just takes communication, and reading her body language, if you feel he may be worth it in other areas maybe you could explain to him how to treat a woman since he hasn't figured it out this late in life

What Guys Said 7

• oh yeah. that's because of over expectations and living in the clouds or think they are living in a movie.

• I'll admit to swinging from over expectations to under. I'm not one to have the define the relationship conversation but everyone has different expectations of what a relationship is and how much time they should spend together.

I usually try to just go with the flow, if I find myself getting upset about 'expectations' it's not something I bring up on the spur of the moment or over one incident. But in my last relationship this lead to me being miserable, woundering why I'm not enough and getting pretty much no attention. He would have been happy to drag things along as long as he could since he was getting everything and I was getting nothing. Finally when he forgot my birthday and made other plans that night that didn't include me it was the icing on the cake. It was the one day I wanted him to treat me well.

So it's hard not all women expect the sun and the moon but you can't have no expectations.

• i think those who have unrealistic ideas on how a good relationship should be are looking for perfection and end up ending things they shouldn't and hurt htemselves by getting old and not ahving the same options.

• I am the king of keeping relationships and know how to communicate, share responsibilities etc I don't know how to attract women tho... so in that sense, I'm clueless.

• School relationships in a nutshell yea. Haha.

• of course, some people are clueless

• Yes, but I'm talking about friendships as well. Not only relationships. When I'm trying to make a female friend I have to walk on eggshells otherwise I'm fucked.

• Yes... even after years... they seem uncapable.

What Girls Said 3

• Because people think so highly of themselves today, they want nothing else but instant gratification - so if your partner did the tiniest thing you didn't approve of, you lose your head like a mad man since shit is not "perfect".

So sure, people do give up easily and move on to the next person.

However, one needs to be diligent as this same thinking leads to dysfunctional relationships where both parties are simply immature and incapable of solving their differences in a reasonable manner.

Instead, they fight bitterly, call each other horrible things, ignore each other for days or even weeks, then cool down, talk it over and say sorry. Then repeat the same shit 2 days later. THEN after months of this idiocy they turn up with their noses high claiming they're so noble because they "had their ups and downs", but they "fought for their relationship".

No, you dipshits. You didn't "fight" for your relationship. You're not in a war torn country struggling to stay alive, were separated by the enemy, made sacrifices for one another just to be together.

You fought WITH each other over stupid bullshit because both of you are whiny piss babies that always had to have the last word and get their way.

Too many idiots today think if they constantly fight but stick around, that they're somehow heroes.

😂

• I guess it's so, but it's most likely cause they don't have a lot of experience.

• Yes, I agree with your question.