Would you rather date?

Would you rather date someone with similar interests/lifestyle as you or someone who is into different things than you?

• Similar interests
  • Opposites attract

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather date someone with similar interests then completely different.
    For instance, I would find it very attractive if a girl liked rock, which is my music taste... or if a girl also likes art or whatnot. Being able to share passions would be pretty cool. Similar lifestyles and stuff I feel would lead to better compatibility and less conflict. I know people who are complete opposites who work well together, but I don't think the saying "opposites attract" apply to everyone.

That being said, someone slightly different is a bit better than exactly the same in my opinion. You want to kind of explore the other person (if that makes any sense) and having someone with slightly different behaviors can lead to a better person yourself. Together, you can make a couple rather than just two clones. Having similar interests I would say brings out the best in each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• that's kinda hard. I'm intrigued by people who r different actually, but i also love that common ground. i would need a little of both, but if i had to lean towards one then probably similar interests, because being outdoors a lot is one of those and it's a huge part of my life.

What Guys Said 8

• It's a tough one, a mixture of the two is best. Having some similarities in interests and then some opposites. Makes it more fun and interesting I think.

• With someone opposite, we would probably just rip each other apart.

• Gotta have a little bit of both yea.
    It's fun having someone refreshingly different.

• definitely similar interests... at least the major ones

• Whoever is okay to date me.

• Definitely opposites, similar interests get boring

• it's always better to have common ground between two people :D.

• I found someone with slightly similar interests to me (that's a big deal) and I married her lol

What Girls Said 8

• There has to be some similar interests for us to connect and sustain a relationship. Otherwise what would we talk about? But I most certainly don't want to date my clone. A few opposite interests are a must. That way there is opportunity to grow and learn. In fact I prefer dating guys from a different cultural background, so there is more variety of things to share with each other...

• Opposites attract! I rather date someone complete different! hahah He would be truly more funnier and kinder to be around. While i am more depressing and inner thought like lol! Unless... I really like him than it wouldn't matter to me!

• Both! Gotta have a balance of things you have in common as well as new things that you'll try and experience together

• I would like it if we at least had SOME similar interests.

• someone with similar interest please

• Similar interests.

For me B might be appealing but it won't workout.

• Similar. I want a real connection and comfort with someone.

• Similar interests