Getting into a car with a stranger?

New guy says he'll come and get me so we can go out. The place we are going is a surprise. Before anyone questions the surprise, I feel like I have good judgment and I will be letting my mother know my where abouts also. I would like to point out that I will not be getting in a car with him. I would like advice on how to reject the offer without coming across rude? I'd happily take a bus and meet him there. My safety comes first!

Ok so here's how it went. I texted him to ask where exactly we were going, he called me to ask why I kept asking so many questions (I've been asking where we are going for the last week). He said he liked me and he just wanted to chill and get to know me better. He asked if I wanted him to send pictures of his driving licence and passport, I told him he could of he wanted so he did. I told my mum all about him before I left and sent her a copy of his passport.
I met him in another area to where I live. We were supposed to go to this diner, but in the end it didn't happen. I spent most of the time wanting the floor to swallow me up. He has a tendency to do things that piss people off. For e. g. driving slow, stopping in the middle of the street to block another car from moving and allowing other cars infront to piss off people behind. When he said what he was planning to do I honestly thought he was joking, but I soon realised he wasn't joking.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no reason why he should find it rude. If he does, there's something wrong with me. It is not safe to get in a car with a stranger.

I always tell this story when I hear these type of questions. My mom almost got kidnapped or something bad. Met up with a dude to go out eat. He started driving to a really secluded, she said there were barely any lights and no cars on the street (we live in vegas for christs sake!). It freaked her the hell out and she demanded that they go back. This guy completely ignored her request and KEPT DRIVING FASTER! She completely freaked and opened the door, threatening to jump out. He chickened out and drove back.

True story. That's freaky man. That was a guy that an acquaintance of my mom introduced too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't do anything rash. Make sure you have someone to contact if anything goes wrong & definitely ride the bus (getting in his car is just asking for trouble). Just tell him that you already have plans for a ride & that you don't wanna put him out. Safety first for sure!!! :) Good luck and I hope you have a good time

What Guys Said 10

• If u have a smartphone u can get an app like find my partner or something and go anywhere with him knowing that if things go south someone can come and get u
    I don't think he would agree to u busing

• Thanks I'll keep that in mind for next time. I've posted an update above.

• I feel you, I'm surprised how some girls are so trusting of a guy they've never met before. I've been on two first dates in the last month where the girl actually asked me to pick her up at her house. And a couple months ago I was meeting a girl at a bar for a first date off an online site, and she was running late so she wanted me to order her drink for her before she had even met me in person. I don't know maybe I just give off good vibes or something

In your case, you just say something like you'd be more comfortable meeting up at the place. No guy should really get offended by a girl not wanting to get picked up at her house on a first date

• I don't if it came out being good. I'm just letting you know: the guy is a player. So, have that in your mind so you don't fall for him for silly cheesy stuff they do.

• He is such a creep. Never met anyone so odd in my life. I just played like I didn't find his behaviour odd incase he turned out to be a nutcase. He even called me this morning and said '' i dont like being ignored, don't worry I'll delete your Number'', so I said okay. I didn't feel settled after this conversation and hours later I recieved a call from another number and I think it's him.

• with new people you meet up have your date in a public place suggest you are keen on an activity like bowling

• Just tell him you'd feel more comfortable meeting him someplace. That you don't know him well enough to drive together yet.

• Um. This all sounds dangerous.

• Well I trusted my instincts and went anyway. I talked things through with my mum before I left (please see update for other details). I felt safe in his presence, however I'm totally put off by his personality.

• You don't nee any excuses. Trust me on this, NEVER, get into a car with a stranger, NEVER.

• Lol never get into a car with a stranger and never give out your phone number. I did find he was a very weird guy, his behaviour was odd and 99% of everything he told me was a lie.

He didn't mention having three phones, he told me he lived in Xyz and all of a sudden he claims he was moving from there. He said he didn't go out much and on Saturday all of a sudden he had all these mysterious places to go. I asked about his siblings, he didn't mention any but on Saturday he kept talking about his sister.

The funny thing is he said he didn't believe the stuff I told him about myself and I was being very honest. I didn't shine light on all the lies he told though. I just want him out of my life. This morning he called to say he didn't like being ignored and he would delete my number. I'm hoping this is the end.

• If it were me in that case he or she in my case calling me telling me what they didn't like, I would tell them there's more of the same menu if they want to stick around.

• Is he part of the White Van Club?

• Tell him up front that you're not getting in a car with a strange guy who wants to take you out. I probably wouldn't either but I also carry a knife everywhere I go. I have no doubt if someone surprised ME I'd stab them without hesitation. But I was just raised that way. I threw knives for toys like a weirdo ninja child.

• He'll drive you into an abandoned warehouse and cut you to pieces.

What Girls Said 2

• I would just be rude and say I don't trust u yet!

• If I were you, I'd be like I am not into surprises. Please tell me where we are going. I'd rather get there by myself. If he doesn't get it, just cancel it.

• I totally agree.. Taking care and staying safe comes first and foremost every time..