I'm kind of disappointed about my first ever date. Is this normal? I don't know what to do?

So yesterday I went on my first date ever, (I am 15 years old) with the guy that I really like. I found out that he likes me, and he found out that I like him, so we went to the movies last night. Since he's really shy I built up the courage to ask him out to the movies, and he said yes and seemed excited about it. This guy is extremely shy... I could tell he was nervous (his face and ears got red when we were waiting for the movie to start). But we made good conversation. Anyway, when we got there he bought a lot of food (he asked if I wanted popcorn and a drink and I said we could share a popcorn and said no thanks to the drink.) But when we got in the theater he held the popcorn and other snacks on his lap and didn't share them (I was confused on why he did that lol.) He also didn't recline his chair at all and when I put my arm on the arm rest he just kept his arms crossed the whole time, like wtf. It's only the first date so I wasn't expecting to kiss or anything, but his arms were crossed when he could have shared the arm rest with me. I made sure that I looked and smelled my best so it wasn't that ahaha. Anyway, when we were waiting for our rides home we sat pretty close to eachother and we talked for a while. I really wanted to hug him but I didn't have the chance to (his mom got there before mine). After he texted me that he felt bad for leaving me alone in the theater, and we had a breif conversation. I suggested we see another movie sometime and he agreed. But that's it, I just was expecting more I don't know. What do you all think? Thank u so much for reading this. Should I continue to go for him?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's sounds super shy. There's nothing wrong with you and he probably didn't know exactly what to do. And It was probably his first date too. I'd say he just didn't think when he was holding the popcorn and didn't offer you any. Nerves can really take over with shyness. It's normal to expect the guy to take the lead so I get that it must of been a little awkward. Go on a few more dates and see how things go. He might open up more when he gets to know you better. He just needs to get over the shyness and get some more confidence

• Thank you:). I tend to overthink so I thought that he didn't like me or something, but I realize that is stupid because he went on the date.

• You're welcome. Nah definitely nothing wrong with you. Give him another go 😀

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a very typical first, first date for young folks.

If you like him, give it a chance :)

What Guys Said 2

• How disappointing.

• Tell him you liked the first date. And tell him you liked his looks. If he's insecure, that should help.

• Thank you for answering! Last night after I got home I said "That was fun, we should go to another movie sometime" and he agreed. I just wish he would make some move on his own haha.

• Us shy guys are afraid of doing something you won't like, so we much rather do nothing. We don't like risking things. I'm sure he's very into you and is afraid of losing what he already has. Just reassure him that you enjoy hanging out with him. And if you want to, hold his hand. Don't wait for him. Go for it yourself. After that, he will realize it's okay to hold your hand and will begin to do it himself.

What Girls Said 2

• He sounds to be really shy and introvert. I think you should start making moves and give him signs

• I know what I would do lol