Why are most men still expected to pay for dates when most women now have more jobs than ever and are more educated than most men?

In America women now make up about 50% of the workforce. They earn good money and in some cases more money than men. Women eclipse men in college enrollment and yet most women still expect men to pay for the first date. Isn't that the definition of cheap?

Don't say "who ever asks pays" - because most women want men to ask

Don't say "She should offer because most women who offer never intend to pay for the first date"

Most men are typically stuck paying the vast majority of dating expenses when most women keep their money, have a higher education, and still want to take charge in their careers.

How these double standards are?
I hate these double standards

Most Helpful Girl

• Every group has double standards. There's yours.

This is why I never accept if guys ask me out. I'd rather ask him out. I find that probably all guys I've dated WANTED to pay. They felt terrible to let me even pay for half, or my share.
    With my second ex, I'd have to beg him to let me pay. And he'd keep refusing. Then, the few times he finally did, the waiters/waitresses would look at him to pay the check, and when I paid, they'd look away. And in the car, he'd be mad at me saying how embarrassing it was for him.

So men, get over yourselves and let us pay!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a social "programming" sort of thing. The same sort of thing as men aren't supposed to hit women even if they hit them. Because it's been taught to guys in the past and they are still teaching it as part of manners. Doesn't matter that times have changed if the teachings don't change with the times. I mean men are "expected" to be the one to approach too, make the first move, take the lead etc.

What Girls Said 6

• If you don't want to pay for a date then don't. No one is forcing you.

• i don't have a job and it would be my first date so if u paid it would be nice.

• Honestly if you ask most women they prefer to pay for themselves, but the person won't let them... so stop complaining

• I always at least offer to pay, and if he won't let me pay for all (or even half), I at least insist on leaving a generous tip. I don't think it's fair for guys to pay all the time.

• Well, why do some men still expect women to cook and clean?

Society's a real bitch sometimes...

• Most women don't cook or clean anymore because they are working.

• Oh, you'd be surprised how many guys still expect a women to cook and clean nevertheless.

• I don't mind paying than again I rarely go on dates

What Guys Said 1

• Because of feminism. Feminism isn't equality, feminism is trying to give women an edge. FUCK FEMINISM!