Short term relationship because of religion?

I'm agnostic but was raised in a religious Christian family. Few months ago I met a guy on an online dating site who is Muslim. I have nothing against Muslims, but since I have close friends who are Muslims I know how rigid their cultural rules are. I didn't expect to keep seeing him but have been. We both know we can't be together long term because of religious differences, but we keep seeing each other. I don't know how to end this and I don't know when. Any advice?

Ending it right now is best but we tried it 3 months in, but that was 3 months ago and we just got more attached after that.

Most Helpful Guy

• The longer you go on, the more hurt you both are going to be when it does end. You will find you have wasted 6 months, 16 months, 6 years. The only way this can ever work is for both parties to agree to put the relationship, the kids, the family first before there is any consideration of religion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just end it now, why continue in a relationship with an inevitable end like that? It'll just end up hurting more to stay like that. Let him know you want to remain friends but you both know the relationship won't go very far.

What Guys Said 1

• I would advice you to end it now before it becomes much harder to do so.

What Girls Said 1

• End it promptly. It will become much Hardee to end it later on.