Guys, When looking for a partner which is more important looks or intelligence?

Whilst looking for a girlfriend which is more important? I have this problem I am not unattractive yet all I get is losers interested in me. I admit I am not very smart but I have good traits. I am at the point where I have taken on the attitude if no descent guy is interested in me because of the fact of me not being smart as well as being attractive, it is their problem not mine!

I am always perceived as being as an airhead. I know more than I let onto. So why are pretty girls treated like an object? I never fall for that bullshit being used for sex. I had guys who wanted to cheat on their gfs with me. I did once not knowing and I found out afterwards 😡.

I am tired of being asked if I have a boyfriend. And saying no everytime. I am beginning to think something is wrong with me for always being single. I would not consider those hookups or losers being interested in me as anything to mention. I know I am extremely picky when it comes to dating.

I just want to know why it is never anyone descent is interested in me. I am trying to better myself I have my high school diploma. I just completed a college program. 2 years prior I completed another college program which was longer than my current one. I am not a loser or a drug addict. I don't get it.

Yes intelligence and personality are linked together so I did not feel the need to add it.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion I believe the older you get you know intelligence and personality are by far the most important aspects of a person. When you're younger or in your midlife crisis I guess most guys would say looks are important. However I believe intelligence and personality are so much more important than anything. Also everyone goes through the streak of attracting losers and I will admit I was with a woman who told me she was divided only to find out after I was with her that she was still married. It sucked and I felt so incredibly embarressed by it.

What Guys Said 11

• Since I have been at this site for umm almost a year and a half , the lions share of guys are after the looker girl while intelligence would be second. I am in the latter section that you didn't mention , personality. If a girl downs possess a good genuine descent personality I have no interest even if she has both other options covered

• Once I met a girl that didn't know what was going on in Ferguson, Missouri ( back when there was civil unrest several months ago for the non-US). I secretly judged her lol.

My standards are def higher for looks rather than intelligence, I mean any college graduate that knows what's going on in the world passes really.

• I feel like I am treated like I am as dumb as kim k. I despise her I do not get why so many girls look up to her.

• There are men that are very drawn to intelligence it can be very arousing. Especially when that woman uses all that intelligence to seduce and tease her man.

• Out of the two choices, it has to be intelligence. There is, however, something that is much more important. That is your personality.

It sounds like you are a very capable lady that's doing everything you can. Just give it time. The right guy will come along!

• Intelligence. The excitement associated with being with a pretty girl fades very quickly (especially after/if you have sex). The excitement associated with being with an intelligent girl is reoccurring and never-ending.

Still, the fact that you know you're an airhead reveals a level of self-awareness, and therefore intelligence, that I think speaks more fondly of you than you would otherwise believe.

• Lol I said I come across as an airhead. I did not say I was. What I said is I am smart in my own way. I am not the smartest girl out there.

• I am not smart bookwise but I am streetwise.

• I am drawn to both. I dated a woman who was really dumb. She kept asking me what year it was, and I mean she'd ask that question once or twice a week...

• Okay that is really frickin dumb

• looks are more important than intelligence for me.

I'm not going to get off to a smart, ugly bitch.

• I refuse to prioritize them, and decide which is more important. They are both essential. She either has both or I'm out. I'm not gonna pick one and forget about the other.

• Idiots like you are going to be single for a long time! It is not impossible but it is usually you are one or the other.

• Whatever. I said called you are an idiot so do not get it twisted lmao. Not for your opinion you just seem like an idiot. That is all. I don't have time to argue with a wall. Actually I would get further in an argument with a wall.

• And I assumed you are unattractive because those type of guys want a hot girl. Which is double standards if you ask me.

• i would never date a girl who spells 'decent' as 'descent'.

• That is nice. That is one tiny spelling mistake lol

• No idea. I think it is because I come across as dumb. I really cannot think of anything else. I get guys interested in me but they are all LOSERS.

• Maybe I am just nice to look at. Nothing further than that. I have a very strong personality and come across as a bitch. But I did not always have a strong personality it is stuff that has happened to me in my life to make me become this way. No decent guy would give me time of day.

And I am not even a loser. I want good things for myself. It is really not my problem if I am not to a decent guy's standards being beautiful and intelligent. One thing I refuse is for any asshole to put down my intelligence level to feel better about themselves.

• It depends on the guys, which they looking for in you. I will personally like inteligence as beauty fades away quickly.

• I'd say looks get the first date, intelligence gets the second