Do guys only make eye contact with you when they're interested in you?

Whenever I speak to a specific guy he usually makes eye contact most of the time we me, I only notice it with him because I used to like him, but other people may also do it. He even does it when we're in a group of three people. I read guys only look into a girl's eyes (make eye contact) when they like her, is this true or do they do it for other reasons or just in general?

Most Helpful Guy

• No they make eye contact to anybody, doesn't mean that they like you if they do look, but it can be a possibility
    depends on the look

Most Helpful Girl

• There's many reasons why people would make eye contact. The human is a social being, we are made to cooperate and communicate with each other to gain our goals. We care about others and share some bond even with complete strangers.

This is possible thanks to "mirror neurons" in our brain. Basically, these cells become active in our brain when we see or hear an action that's happening to someone else. It enables us to feel like we're doing it or feeling it ourselves.

For Example, if you see someone get hit hard in the face, you may also recoil or touch your face as if you were hit. Of course you wouldn't feel the physical impact of the hit, but you might still feel uncomfortable and tense.

These mirror neurons gives us the ability of feeling empathy towards each other and understand how others feel only by the expression of their face or their posture. It's especially visible through the eyes.

It's quite amazing to see that we can relate to and distinguish emotions from one single gaze.

What Guys Said 2

• That's.. typically how people talk to each other, no?

• Eyes are key to the spirit living inside you.. i think he likes you..

What Girls Said 1

• For many reason to look at someone!! Not just for romantics!