Lately I have began to miss my ex terribly. Anyone else experience this?

I dated my ex when I was 15-17 years old. I was madly in love with him. Maybe I still am? I don't know. Lately I have been replaying our memories together and it is almost constant. It has been like this for a few weeks or so now.. I miss everything. How care free our love was and how happy we were together. We were so adventurous and spontaneous. Always doing spur of the moment things together. We had a bad fall out near the end, resulting in us not speaking for a year despite my many attempts. However, we ended up sparking up a friendship again soon after that year and communication between us happens maybe once every 4-5 months. Though it is on a friendship basis only.

About 3 years ago now we ended up meeting up at a party. I didn't know he was going to be there so it was rather a shock and the minute I laid eyes on him I became love struck again. We ended up having a really good conversation together and we were once again care free. He ended up kissing me that night. For weeks I sat up thinking of him. Though we didn't speak until a few months later. And since then we haven't had an encounter like that again.

The last time I spoke to him was in May. He called me while I was at the tattoo parlor and the whole time I was on the phone he was telling me he missed me and that he will always love me and that there is a place in his heart that no one else will be able to fill. Although I felt the same, I didn't say anything in response. Probably because I was smiling like a fool.

However, we have both moved on with our lives. He has now been dating someone for 5 years and I have been dating someone for 4. The one time we kissed we just happened to be both on "breaks" with our partners (or he said he was at least). But I truly cannot get this man out of my head. Is it normal to think about your first love all the time and miss them? I feel like I am holding back with my boyfriend because I am not 100%? My ex and I have been split up for 5 years. I am now 22.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Move on or find someone better

• How does this have anything to do with what I posted?