Is he the right one?

I believe my current boyfriend (of a year) is the right guy for me, I see myself marrying him and we talk about it a lot and our furture together. My parents think he's good but I get the feeling they want me to find someone better. His parents are over the moon about me since compared to his past girlfriends I'm an angel. My guy friends hate him but his friends like me well enough. Both of our best friends think we're a good match so that's helpful. We get along great, when we fight we make up very fast, it's hard for us to stay mad at one another. We do have different interests but that comes with being two different people. One thing that apparently bugs everyone involved in my life is the fact he smokes weed just because I don't choose to (I have before I just don't like the way it makes me feel). I just think he's the perfect guy but everyone in my life is just putting doubt into my mind about our relationship.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Only u can answer this! this question kinda reminds me let the right one in? have u heard of it.

• Yea I figured I'd get the answer that only I can determine this and that's how I feel about the subject too. But no I haven't ever heard of that.

• Oh okay I'll watch the movie, thanks :)

• Tell me if u like it? lol I never seen it ! Its just based on the title of your question! lol not your whole situation!

• We're all very young yet. Maybe he doesn't need to be the one; maybe you can be happy in the now and will find yourself going different directions in the future.

I will warn you, though, that I've seen nothing but bad come from dating someone who smokes weed... I've known a lot of people who do, and there tend to be other underlying issues that come with it.

• He does have other issues but everyone has issues. If I was going off of that I wouldn't be able to date anyone. I am youngish but I've always been very mature for my age and I already feel like settling down. Not starting a family just getting married and living together. I don't think there's anything wrong with getting married young. I just want to add I'm not trying to attack you or start a fight, I do value your opinion.

• I didn't feel attacked at all. You're fine!

I see what you're trying to say, but I would still caution you to consider the impact of those issues in the longer term. Yes, everyone has issues, but everyone also has a responsibility to himself and those he loves to sort out those issues as best he can rather than asking someone to accept him without effort toward self-improvement.

If he doesn't resolve these issues, the will he be a good father to the children you may eventually want? A good partner for you in supporting and raising those children?

Nothing is wrong with marrying young if you're both ready, but there's no need to rush it either. You deserve to be with someone who will be dedicated to giving 50% to the relationship, to the bills, and to the children you may want someday. That may mean that he needs extra time to sort out his issues, and that may even mean he'll need some time on his own to do it.

He may be perfect for you, but he may not be perfect for right now.