Is it a bad idea to date this guy?

This guy that I'm interested in was dating my friend up until she cheated on him, and he told her he'd give her another chance but wouldn't wait for her. He got in trouble with the law over the summer, but he's pretty low-key. My friend Shania knows him and told him that I think he's cute, ‍‌‌‌‌‌‍so he told her to meet him at 11 in the cafeteria and show him who I am, and he said if I was cute he'd come talk to me. So we were in the hall and he walked by and she told him I was in the cafeteria, he then realized that I wasn't in there, and about 5 minutes later they walked out and came back over to us, and Shania introduced us. He cut to the chase and said, "She told me." smirked, and went to find his cousin in the cafeteria. The next morning Shania was talking to him and she told me that he said he would talk to me and see how things go. She then told him that I'm shy, and he related that he is too and wants me to now make the first move. I just don't want his ex getting involved and don't know how to go about this.

Most Helpful Guy

• generally it's best to not date those dated by your friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• "he said if I was cute he'd come talk to me. " You don't exist to be "chosen" for him to talk to you lol, that sounds so fricken shallow. But none the less if you like him talk to him yourself, you're 18 and adult you should be able talk to each other and not having to go through friends to do this. It just sounds like if you two were to be a in a relationship you'd constantly be questioning on what does he mean, or why isn't he showing affection or whatever etc.

What Guys Said 2

• If he cheats on people, and gets arrested or in trouble with the law, he's probably not someone you want to get involved with.

• Date and see how things go.

What Girls Said 0