Girls, I’m about to tell my crush how I feel about her for the first time, am I approaching this okay? Too much? How would you respond to this?

We’ve known each other for about a year and a half, but barely have had a chance to hang out due to her job. We’ve both been single for years and I finally asked her out. I plan on telling her at the end of the night. Walking her out to her car, and before saying goodbye, grabbing both her hands with mine, looking into her eyes and saying:

I need to tell you something…. I don’t really know how to say this, so I’m just going to say it. I’ve liked you for a long time. Really, since the day I met you. Nine months went by before I got to see you again, but during that time you never left my mind. Before you left for your new job, we got a chance to hang out. It was the day we had lunch, shared a car ride, and spent the afternoon at the carshow. And it was on that day the crush I have today truly began. Because on that day I got to talk with you, listen to you, bond with you, and it reassured me of those feelings I had developed nine months earlier. I walked away that night thinking about how I discovered what a sweetheart you are. But I also walked away upset with myself for not asking you out when you served it up for me. It bothered me so much that the next day I asked a friend for your phone number so I could text you and just put it out there and ask. And the word you used when you responded, “Definitely”, I’ll always remember. I do apologize for having to ask through text and not in person, but ultimately that text is what led us here tonight, with your hands in mine.

All I would like to ask for is an opportunity to get to know you better, spend some time with you, and to take you out. I know your schedule is unconventional and my Friday, Saturday might be your Tuesday, Wednesday but I’m flexible, and if you’re willing, let me know when you’re in town and we can do something fun, like we did tonight. I’m sorry to kind of drop this on you like this, but it’s something I’ve kept inside for a long time and I felt it’s time I finally told you.

Reactions?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my good God that is the sweetest thing I have ever read. She is going to melt. Don't listen to people telling you to cut it, if you spend the rest of your life with her, she'll remember each word and tell your children and grandchildren.
    She may interrupt you to kiss you and that is the only interruption/cut down acceptable. And that will be your sweetest kiss ever. Best of luck!

• Thanks for the comment/feedback. I've literally thought about this all day today at work, it's driving me mad, trying to decide how I'm going to approach this. I do value the other girls opinions, I value your opinion (that's why I posted and asked! I needed opinions) but I think at the end of the day I need to be myself. Everyone always says to be yourself. Well, "myself" is a what I wrote. That's who I am, that's how I think, that's how I care and how I express myself. I'm leaning towards going with the original but I also need to look for subtle clues she'd be able to take this right now. I don't know. I should know by the end of the date, maybe not. If not, then I'll just have to go for broke and say it anyways. Every girl is different, as evident even here by the responses so far, I just hope my girl will be accepting to this kind of crush. I hope it does as you say. I can't afford to push her away. She takes me to a place no one else can, and I don't want to lose that.

• I think if you're going for something shorter, buy her the flowers she likes.

• I believe she's the sweet, romantic type. I just want to hug her when I see her, she gives off the sweet girl type vibe. I've known the other type you mention. The straight to the point, logical type... she doesn't remind me of that type of girl at all. She's a little shy, and little reserved, but smiles so brightly when you talk to her. That's really what I remember most, that smile. It's mesmerizing. Sometimes I don't even know what she says to me because of that smile. She just glows. Ahh... sorry. Getting carried away. I'm going to be myself tell her and see what happens. Thanks for being the one to get me to realize I need to be myself and say it how I mean it, from the heart. It's the only way it can be. I've been on a singular path in life so far, but pretty soon I'm going to arrive at a fork in the road, that's where she'll be at, and she's going to be the one to let me know which path I'll be taking.

What Girls Said 2

• you're not a politician trying to get more votes so you don't have to give a long speech honestly I would think it's a bit overwhelming and the fact that you have given that much thought into it would scare the shit out of me. Just see how the date goes and if you sense chemistry try kissing her, it's that simple and you'll see if she really likes you cause with your speech she might just act cool about it to avoid hurting your feelings so she can find a better time to turn you down.

• Thanks for the feedback, that's why I asked. In our situation, because we don't have many opportunities to see each other, I felt I would only have one chance to let her know. But you're right, it was too much, which is why I asked for opinions. I drastically shortened it and posted it in the other girls response, I'd still like to tell her how I feel. After waiting a year and a half for this one opportunity I didn't want to leave it open. There is chemistry between us I believe, I feel it. Though I feel as if going in for a kiss would be too much as well?

• Honestly, it was so long i didn't read it all. Although, from what I read.. the begginning was great. Good luck and don't fuck it up!😉
    Also, try shorting your speech. Lol.

• Apparently I can have more characters to write here in an opinion response than an update to the main post, so per your recommendation I shortened it up, a lot, got rid of all the history and fluff and made it straightforward, short, and too the point. Better?

I need to tell you something…. I don’t really know how to say this, so I’m just going to say it. I’ve liked you for a long time. Really, since the day I met you, and over all this time you’ve never left my mind. After spending that day with you, and now tonight, I’ve really discovered what a sweetheart you are.

All I would like to ask for is an opportunity to get to know you better. I know your schedule is unconventional and my Friday, Saturday might be your Tuesday, Wednesday but I’m flexible, and if you’re willing, let me know when you’re in town and we can do something fun, like we did tonight.

• Much better!😊
      I hope she says yes, it's also nice to see a guy care this much.. who knew? Good luck 😘