What does this phrase mean coming from my now ex boyfriend?

My ex recently said something that he's used when we were together. Since our breakup he was really cold at first. Now he is warming up a little he takes me out, calls, stares at me when he thinks I'm not looking etc. But I don't want to be friendzoned. So when I tell him I overslept or that I was sleep he would say well babies need their rest. I used to take it as a sign of affection esp since he rarely says it. Almost like calling me baby. Now that we aren't together I wonder if I was wrong all along to assume the context. What do you think?

What Guys Said 1

• So, he's your ex but he calls you, takes you out and then you say you don't want to be friend zoned? I don't understand what you want. Sounds like you want the relationship back? I wouldn't worry about the context of what he said, I'd worry about what you really want.

• I say that because I'm clear that I want to get back together and I just dont want him to say let's be friends or that misread him.

• I don't have much to work with here to form much of an opinion but it sounds like he is warming up to wanting you back too.

What Girls Said 0