What's more effective…. fighting or pulling back?

I want to win my guy back. We've been through a lot, and he's hurt and scared, but I know that he still has feelings for me. I want to fight for him and tell him that I'll be there and wait till he's ready. I'm a hopeless romantic, and want to put it all on the line for him. But my friend says I'm too available and will overwhelm him and I should pull back and wait... and that he hasn't done anything to deserve such devotion and that I should wait until he does. But I think that he needs to know how much I care in order to feel some sense of stability and feel secure in trying again. Is there harm in fighting for him?

Most Helpful Guy

• The perfect combination of both

• if only i knew the recipe for that!

• Like this

Be independant and do your own thing as if your living for yourself. But let him know your giving him a chance to make this work again but also make it evident your won't just be waiting forwever and not in and out either. You already did that by being independant of the situation in your daily life (yes it is hard to do it but its the better way)

Most Helpful Girl

• I just walk away!

What Guys Said 5

• No I don't agree with your friend. It would be a good guest ur to just let him know exactly what you just stated here

• You don't have to smother him or even talk to let him know you still care for him. Any act of appreciation will let him know. Make him a meal and bring him some, or order a pre paid pizza without him knowing about it.
    ... doesn't have to be food, it's just where my mind went

• Pull back...

• why is that?

• It worked on me...
      and after 3 weeks i saw her... she had a new haircut and i heard the news that she is seeing someone...
      it forced me to go up to her and make up for all the things that happend in the past...
      be careful... it can backfire too...

• for my opinion should wait until he does

• Always fight for what you want.

What Girls Said 1