Why don't women like to ask men out?

look to title

Most Helpful Girl

• Social conditioning. I personally have no issue asking a guy out and have before.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls don't want to ask guys out because they want to be the ones who are being pursued! Not the ones pursuing! I know many girls who have liked a certain guy soooo much but never once considered asking him out because they want to make sure that they are lovely enough for him to actively pursue her!

Also, some might not ask because they want to test his manliness! It takes guts to just ask a girl out without knowing wether or not she will turn him down cold! If he does, it shows he can really lead in a relationship! If not, he wouldn't be worth asking out!

What Girls Said 14

• Because we've been socially conditioned to think that it's a man's responsibility to ask women out. I know it's silly but if a guy doesn't ask me out then I automatically assume that he's just not attracted to me, which may or may not be true.

• While I was the one who asked out my boyfriend, I'm mostly indifferent to the need for a relationship.

I'm just as happy being single as I am in a relationship. It's a different kind of happy but same level.

I assume that others must feel the same way. We're happy single and while being in a relationship is a plus it's not like we're unhappy enough being single that the risk of being turned down is worth the additional happiness from a partner.

• Because men act like women who do are whores...
    I did anyway though because I knew the guy I liked wouldn't be that immature.

• Women who ask out men are whores? What? What guy ever said that?

• Because if you talk about "facts" that actually sound like nonsense then people reject your idea.

"The fact is it still has an impact to this day about how girls are treated for even doing something as seemingly innocent as asking someone out."
      "There is still a deep societal stigma against women initiating anything with a man."
      Simple answer... no. That's not the case, not anymore at least, and not among guys at least, that's my point. It's rare, too rare to be considered a thing that represents the whole population.

"It's everyone's fault but every girl knows if she aggressively pursues a guy bot the guy and other girls are conditioned to see her as a whore or desperate so she doesn't."
      This is not real. Perhaps the way other girls react is real.

".. every girls *thinks* if she agressively.."
      FTFY

• It's girls telling other girls and themselves what to think. It doesn't reflect reality. In which case girls need to stop being silly and imposing ideas onto other girls about what guys think of them when they're utterly wrong about it.

• They're taught that being direct is unladylike and unfeminine and thus, makes them undesirable.

• this is what I said which is the fact o the matter and men on here are getting all uppity. Read any "ladies" manual from the 50's and it will say over and over again that "proper ladies" do not approach boys first. and this stigma has carried over through the decades.

• oh my god. I have no problems with the idea that social conditioning and past traditions would impact actions of the members of our society. I said that saying "Because men act like women who do are whores..." is an inaccurate statement about an entire population. All Men clearly wouldn't see things this way, and to stipulate that all men would see women who performed this action in such a way is stereotyping and a form of discrimination (Misandry).
      Now I could be acrimonious and make some hebetudinous stipulation to belittle you, but I won't.

• Did I say that, darling? No, I did not. Direct your ire elsewhere.

Also, old notions take a long time to die out. A LONG time. Ignoring that effect on the population is foolish.

• Because you will never know how much a guy really likes you if you chase him. I'm quite traditional in that sense, I just find that guys that I have attempted to pursue never seem interested further down the road. I believe that if a guy really wants you, nothing will stop them pursuing you

• because
    -u smell
    -u don't take care of your appearance
    -you don't seem to be interested

• Because I have a girlfriend :D
    I'm bisexual but even before I started dating her I wouldn't ask people out because I'm hella shy and the one time I actually did I got rejected for the shallowest reason ever which then made me even more shy and insecure.. Yup, I'm a coward but who cares I'm with the person I want now anyways! :P

• fear of rejection. same as guys i imagine.

• Because they like to be pursued.

• Probably the same reasons as guys. Personally I have no problem asking a man out. 😉

• I don't "like to" but I prefer to.

I get rejected every time, which is why I don't like to.

• Because it's a waste of time why put in the effort to ask a guy out if all you are going to get in return is mind games and indecision or just plain getting taken advantage of?

• In my opinion I like it when a man takes charge. Like I dont mind help paying or anything but its just a tradition I think thats hard to break.

• I'm actually asking my crush out today bro.

What Guys Said 10

• Most women believe that it's a 'man's job' to ask women out. Besides, women keep getting asked out by men on a regular basis anyway, so they don't really NEED to ask men out.

• Because some guys take up on the offer but they only want sex and aren't actually interested in dating her as a person

• Those guys get weeded out pretty fast! 😉

• @Barnone then I wouldn't see a bunch of questions on GAG about "how do I know my boyfriend actually loves me and doesn't just use me for sex"

• Guess it depends on the woman... I'll rephrase. I'd weed out those guys pretty fast! 😉

• Some do. Others are usually are too shy to take such step (kinda like some guys are) and others are afraid of being labeled as "easy", "desperate" or "slutty".

• yeah! fuckin bitches

• Because they don't have to. If they sit on their butt all day they still have options so they don't bother to put in effort.

• They are too insecure to put themselves in position that vulnerable.

• Because they're fucking pussies so they'd rather have men take the burden while playing the gender card, let's not dance around it.

• Because there's a fear of being slut shamed.

• they have plenty of guys coming to them already so why should they? easier to do nothing

• Women do not like to ask men out because:

1) Women have very brittle egos.

2) Women fear the idea of being rejected even though their % chance of the guy saying "YES" is much higher than men.

3) Women get approached by tons of guys so they don't have to do anything.

4) Women are passive by nature and wait for things to fall into their lap rather than actively going out and doing something about it.