Do women lie about having a boyfriend to make her crush jealous?

She keeps bringing up the topic of her boyfriend...,,,
and then tells me " shut up, ur jealous of my boyfriend "...,,,,
"man, i guess ur jealous of my boyfriend",,,,,...
do girls do this?,,,,

Most Helpful Girl

• Both the comments you already got sounds about right.
    Some girls who are in a relationship, they may not be able to get out of it. Maybe because they're afraid of hurting the guy, which will anyhow happen. But because they don't want to be guilty of "cheating" they ease themselves out by informing their new crush that they have a boyfriend. And what @Roostah said, it's right. It makes the girl give herself an excuse to be indulgent.

It's a challenge and also a fun-play for her when a guy is head over heels after her. She loves the tension, she loves the temptation. It's exciting to do things you "shouldn't" be doing. She's letting her desires escape her. She's becoming greedy. She loves to see the reaction you give to her. It feeds her. It makes her proud that she is desired by you, that you can go nuts for her. It makes her feel confident she can attract guys.
    I don't know what history she has. You can call her immature, cos she's focused only on herself. She doesn't appear worried about your feelings or her bf's feelings.

You gotta ask yourself this: If she's playing around, what are the chances that she won't do the same with some other guy when you hook up with her?
    She's a landmine.

People who are in love with other people won't go chasing around others, let alone stalk, without feeling uncomfortable with themselves. She seems very comfortable. So if she DOES have a boyfriend, she's either moved on from him already without letting him know, or if she's faking it, (which I don't get the point of, unless she is THAT immature to think that saying she has a boyfriend makes her more attractive and will make you crave for her more) then.. what else can I say?

You'll be always goin back and forth between her. It's not gonna be nice. Give her the cold shoulder for a month. You shouldn't act like you're concerned with her. The moment she gets some caring response from you, she'll get all jumpy and stalky again. She how she reacts.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women lie about having boyfriend so guys they don't find attractive would leave them alone.

• Bro... she chased me for 4 months... she is 20 years old...
      for 4 months she gave all the signs that she likes me... she even asked me out...
      and then finally after 4 months... she came and sat with me in the class... and we exchanged mails...
      she was a stalker all 4 months... wherever i used to go... she used to come behind me and stalk me...
      and then we started mailing each other... she said she has a boyfriend...
      i said ok goodbye... since u have a boyfriend.. we can't be friends..
      she said "how will u forget me... even if u close ur eyes u will see my face."
      and then she said "bye... u finished our friendship... u finished everything"
      i just dont understand bro...

• When some women are trying to get some side action they often drop "I have a boyfriend" line if they are in a relationship. In their mind it basically removes them of any fault because well she told you. So in their mind you are the "BAD" man who flirted, and pressured them into having sex with you.

It's the same circular logic that a recent story came out of a female pedophile teacher said that it wasn't her fault that she slept with her student. He was just relentless and eventually it wore her down and she submitted to his advantages.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah. Some girls do that. The immature ones.

• she chased me for 4 months... she is 20 years old...
      i just dont understand...

• I think she didn't like you genuinely. She just saw you as a challenge for her and once she saw that you may be interested in her, she finally feels like she won the challenge and move on and face another one. I don't know, just my opinion :)

• No. I don't anyway. If I'm being hit on, I'll tell the guy I have a boyfriend. But I don't tell someone to make them jealous. This girl sounds very immature and (from your follow up comments) possibly disturbed. How old is she?

• She's playing games. If she says you finished everything say " I guess I did, bye" and stop wasting brain power to figure her out. Immature, game player, disturbed. Is all you need to figure out.

• No. I don't think so. If she doesn't have a boyfriend she won't mention him.

i just dont understand...

• 20 year olds are still teenager more or less. And she seems very manipulative. i think you're better off moving on and ignoring her all together. This girls seems to be truly confused.

What Guys Said 0