How do I find out if she's in a relationship?

She's too close with her ex. She calls him her bestfriend. And she denied currently being in a relationship with him. But she also lies, I know that for some reasons. So how do I figure out if she's lying or telling the truth?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask the ex maybe?

• I'm not friends with her ex. :/ And I haven't met him in person yet. Although I got the chance to meet in person once but she asked me not to, otherwise he would get jealous? :/ Does this indicate anything?

• The whole "ex is my best friend" thing seems like it could be shady to begin with. And the jealousy issue tells me there's still some feelings there. The situation sounds messy and could lead to unwanted drama if it continues :/ I would try talking to the ex anyway or ask her if her ex is seeing anyone or what the story with them is at least.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask her for his phone number. See if a)she has it b) is embarrassed she has it
    and c) if she is willing to give it to you. If she has it, is embarrassed, and won't give it to you, it's a good bet she still has something going with him

• Well, they are bestfriends so it's 100% likely she has his number. I don't know if she will be willing to give it to me though.

• Well, there you go. It's not proof, but if she didn't have anything going with him, she wouldn't have a problem giving you the number, I would think.

What Girls Said 4

• Why do u want this girls she clearly a liar?

• Move on. Too much drama.

• she is probably telling the truth sometimes you start a relationship with a friend and it doesn't work but you still like him as a person and anyway I don't see the point of lying in this situation

• Why do you want to know? Do u want to be in a relationship with her?

• Duh!! :p I like her, otherwise wouldn't have cared.

• Don't go out with her if she's known for lying.

What Guys Said 1

• Just leave it tbh. The fact that you said you know she lies should be an eye-opener.

• True that! I'm trying to let go but she's just so sweet. I can't help myself :(

• Oh, don't completely fade out of existence around her. Still be friendly and shit, but just don't take it any further until you know for sure you can trust her, etc.