My buddy like a woman at a store that he shops at and wants to ask her out. How can you tell if she likes him or just being nice at work?

My buddy has been divorced for 6 months and wants to start dating again which is great. The woman he wants to go out on a date with works at a store by his place. I can't tell if she likes him or not because she is nice to everyone. There's also a desk between them too so I can see much body language between them. I don't want to be cynical and tell him that she's just being nice at work. Then again I also don't want him to be embarrassed if she said no. I don't know how to answer him when he asks me if he should ask her out.

Most Helpful Girl

• He should give it a try, everybody's been rejected before if it doesn't work out

Most Helpful Guy

• you know man every time I've picked up a cashier its always been her that suggested that we hang out kind of like ill tell her what i did the during the weekend making chit chat and she would say like aww you didn't take me or something to the nature of wanting to spend time with you other then giving you your daily groceries.

• Same with me they usually say we should get together or hang out then they give you their number. I have asked him if they have talked about it and he says not yet he hasn't asked her.

What Girls Said 1

• personally I'm nice to every customer at work cause I want to keep my job. does she say different things to him than the other customers?
    anyway there's only one to find out, your friend should give it a shot

• I don't know to be honest I have only be to the store with him a couple of time that's why I was assuming she was just being nice.

What Guys Said 2

• Probably she is only being " nice " as this is expected of her in her employment , I don't think you are cynical , just sensible... women HATE unwanted male attention

• Tell your buddy to be a man and ask her out in honorable way but if she says no, then its Ok there are thousand more to find and date but he is confident then do it man... you will not be the only one to whom she have said no.