Why don't guys approach me?

I am 17 years old and never been in a relationship. A close friend of mine everytime talks with guys, she gets all the attention from boys, she's great at flirting and I always hear there's a boy who likes her or compliments her. I am not jealous or something, but I just wonder why guys don't ask me out more often, it's like I'm invisible. It's not a problem with the way I look, I always try to look my best and I have a good sense of style, so I don't have major confidence problems. Some say I look unapproachable. Sometimes I think maybe I'm just not attractive to guys as they have different views on attractiveness than girls. I don't know... Can you give me some advices on what's wrong and what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if your near her and she is better looking then the focus will be on her and if she is friendlier too. Girls will also get more attention if they have the bigger chest

• She's more approachable and friendlier, indeed. About the chest part, you're not right as I am the one with the bigger one. 😂 I don't find this the most important, though.

• Oh you would think you would have an advantage then, maybe you just need to smile more and be more sociable , show how friendly you are, definitely need to be more talkative

Most Helpful Girl

• I am in the same situation. And I smile and try to seem approachable, I am not that bad looking either. but my problem is that I am too young for the people I socialize with. I am in college with 16, what college guy would want to date me? I got used just to be the friend of my friend. And well I guess you my dear have to smile more, and start to stop being in the shadows. Make more friends you have things in common with, like hobbies or taste in music or movies, and from these things they'd be more interested in get to know you better.

What Guys Said 2

• Well, why don't you try approaching guys yourself?

• Beats me, not enough info. Don't know how you look or how approachable you are

What Girls Said 5

• Start asking out guys. Best advice I can give, I've had a really high success rate. Just approach guys yourself.

It's perfectly acceptable for a girl to make the first move, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. No guy will think you're "desperate".

• they are idiots! lol no maybe u need to do things that make u happy!

• I'm in the same boat as you. 😁
    Are you outgoing? If not, that limits you from meeting new people.
    Are you smiling at people? If not, that makes you unapproachable.
    But, you are young, you have all the time in your life to date.

• Glad to know there's others in my situation too. 😄 I am not the more extrovert person but I'm more outgoing now than I was before. About smiling, I am pretty cold at first but once I get to know better someone I am friendlier. Thanks for answering xx

• Maybe that's the reason why guys don't approach you. I'm like that too, seem really cold (on Friday someone said on street to his friends that I'm satanic 😃), but once you know me, I'm not that bad of a person. Plus, first impression is really important, so, if you seem unapproachable, guys wouldn't approach you.

• I will make sure I will follow these advices. ;)

• No idea since there isn't a picture... Be more confident I guess

• you are probably intimidating to guys I had the same problem until a few weeks ago now its a whole new set of problems please help www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1791584-why-does-he-do-this