Is 33 too old for me?

I'm 20 he's 33?

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny, I just hooked up with a 20 year old two weeks ago and I'm 34. We didn't know each other's age until after we had our fun in bed. She didn't care about my age, I didn't care about hers. So WHO CARES.

However I will say this. This was just a short term thing. Her and I are worlds apart in opinions, experiences, thought patterns, etc. We ran out of things to talk about real quick. It really comes down to the fact i have more life experience than she does. She is making some carefree, silly mistakes in her life (the hookup was NOT one of them... lol) and I want to help her. However I felt like lecturing her would make me sound old.

What Guys Said 15

• Short term relationship it's fine, but not for long term relationship... Anything more than 10 years differential for me is big and personally, I would only date someone who's +/- 5 Years differential. Having said that, you are an adult and you can date whomever you like. Who's to say that he's not the right guy for you if you think he is yeah?

• Wow, I know many people who have had long happy relationships with age differences much greater than 5 years. And in terms of those that don't work out, the rates between those closer and farther in age don't seem very different.

• In short you have to be your own judge. Listen to you and evaluate for you if it's worth it or not. Any other opinions here (mostly biased), i'm very sure, are simply that and only their own opinions not necessarily what's good for you. You will have to be your own judge.

• You tell us. Is 33 too old for you? Don't let us tell you what's good for you or what you should do or how old you should date. You decide what's good for you.

• I don't think age is an issue, what really matters is the relationship and communication the two of you have. If you are ok with the age and he is too, why care about other people's opinion. Remember you only live once and you were born to be happy. If he makes you happy, go for it! Good luck!

• Yes. Not discussable.

Its not that 13 years of difference is that big, its that you are 20, and the difference is more than half your age. Like a 40 yr old woman with a 65 year old man.
    That said, 13 years is still a big age difference and is bound to affect your compatibility with him.

• it depends on your maturity for it to work

• i dated 20 yr olds at 31 so...

id never do it again though. way too immature and especially in this age.

• I don't want anything serious. Maybe just a date... Have fun.

• we made out and played around sexually. after that it was just dead...

• that should be fine then... i mean we like your young bodies and you like our comfort and the warmth

• Too big of a difference for me, I wouldn't have done it.

• It is entirely up to you. It's not too old if you are comfortable with it.

• Nope. After everyone is legal, age is just a number

• I think so, 13 years is a huge diffrence...

• 13 years is a big age difference...

• age is just a number. If you two are compatible I dont see what difference it makes

• You tell us

• Depends what you want out of it... not too old necessarily

What Girls Said 11

• Well I would assume you're at very different points in your life, but I won't hate as my boyfriend is 12 years older than me and we definitely are, but we're very much on the same boat as well. I think if you like him, and you know what you want then go for it.

• Hi this story is interesting as your man is near my age. Is it true he offers financial security and you your youth? I've never seen a muh older man in the same stage as the youngster were the youngster liked him for it.

• Where**

What I m saying is his finances are a huge part to making you guys work. It's gag so let me know honestly. No shame!

• Meh, it's not like it's illegal. If it works for you two, I don't see the problem. Age isn't that big of a deal.

• If you are okay with it than yeah!

• seems fine to me

• If 20 is not too young for him. Age becomes just a number if you guys are compatible.

• I would say so. .. Find someone closer to your age.

• hi, at 30, what would be your age range if you dont mind me asking?

i personally only date 25 to 29 so just wondering about 30 yr old women

• U seem to care about what others say. Everything u say feels rehearsed.

• @truthhammer wow, i'm not even gonna read all that. Clearly I said what I said because of what you said on the other post. The End. ✌️

• Might be too immature for you.

• I dont think so just keep in mind he might be ready for marriage and kids sooner than he is

• im 22 and the guy i wanted to be with is 35

• No, I don't think so

• 33 in society would be considered too old, but if you both truly do love each other than F what others think and have at it! There are plenty if couples out there that have a 10 year or larger age difference so don't be discouraged!