What to do when a good girl friend of mine has a thing for the man I love?

im sorry, y'all probably get these types of questions all the time. I'm so freaking in love with my best guy friend that it hurts sometimes. I've honestly never felt this way about anyone. But my girl friend likes him too, or very much so acts like it, and he seems to like her romantically and not me. There's really nothing to do in this situation is there? I can't just tell someone to back off because first, that's rude, and second, he's not mine to begin with. I don't know if I can handle seeing them together though. Gah what do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can try and talk it though with your best friend! I'm in a similar situation and me and my best homie talk about anything and everything! I can't guarantee that by talking it out things will work out for you, but being honest with your friend can't hurt you. Just tell her how you feel about the whole situation and see what she has to say!

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey I totally understand! Does you friend know that you are interested in him? This happened to me before when I told my friend about my feelings for my best guy friend at the time. Then randomly it seemed like she deliberately developed feelings for him and she was trying to compete with me! Honestly I think the best thing to do is tell him how you feel and just let it out because maybe he is feeling the same way about you too! If not, I know it will hurt, but everything does happen for a reason!

What Guys Said 1

• Classic love triangle...

What Girls Said 1

• It really depends on who you value more: This guy, or your friend.

You could be honest with your friend and see what she does, or you can make a move on the guy first but potentially ruin your friendship. Unfortunately, since he isn't yours and you haven't a made a move, it's not your place to be upset with her, especially if she doesn't know.