How likely is it that she'll reject me because im fat?

I'm starting to get a crush on a classmate. I've shared a class with her for two years now. Friends have pointed out that she's attractive and now I'm starting to see her differently. The only thing holding me back is that I'm overweight. She's not, and I'm not sure if I should go for or just date others after I lose more weight. My self esteem is pretty low and I feel I'm not good enough for her.

Most Helpful Girl

• If she isn't shallow as fuck she won't reject you. And if she does fuck it, she doesn't deserve you.

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to real heart on heart relationships that stuff doesn't matter. If you want her go for her, every minute you spend sitting on the bench some other guy is stepping up to the plate. Good luck man

What Girls Said 3

• I say work on your confidence first. Entering a relationship while this insecure wouldn't be a good idea, it would probably get to you really fast. You would probably start to suspect that she's cheating on you, you would wonder what she sees in you and you would live in constant fear of her leaving because you're "not good enough". Your insecurities would most likely set the tone for the relationship pretty quickly, which is a disaster right off the bat. If you want a healthy relationship, then you need to enter it with a healthy mindset.

• If you feel you're not good enough for her, you shouldn't try to date her. Not because you're not, but because that mentality will ruin your relationship. Work on yourself and your self esteem first.

• I've been trying to work on my self esteem for a while. I don't what can make me see myself different in dating. I like myself and wouldn't change anything about myself. I just feel like girls don't find anything appealing about me other than friendship.

• Well, I would be lying if I told you that being overweight can't stunt you, but some girls like chubby guys. In my opinion, bettering your health is entirely your choice and I do not hold it against anybody who is overweight. I understand it's a difficult issue.

If you think losing weight will help then do so, but I also suggest perhaps doing a little soul searching. Perhaps see a counsellor, or try some self help. If you're not very experienced in dating, I actually have a blog for you that I suggest to every guy who isn't considered the "social ideal":

www.drnerdlove.com

Perhaps try giving this a read.

• Yeah I lost a lot of weight but then gained some back. I'm going to do so again. I just wanted to know if it was worth a try or if I should just wait.

• okay so I'm gonna be honest here.
    If a lot of people find her attractive there's a good chance for her to be "out of your league". And pretty girls tend to be mean and judgy. if your self esteem is already low I don't recommend you asking her out. there's a great chance she'll reject you and tell her friends -that's just how girls work. Instead maybe try to notice girls who aren't particularly pretty but will appreciate you how you are.

• Well actually one person said she was attractive and that I should " get a price of that" their words not mine lol. And another person asked if we had anything going on with each other saying how attractive she is. All the instances where people talked about her being attractive hinted that I should pursue her. Which made me see her in a new light.

What Guys Said 0