Whats the difference between dating and seeing someone?

There's this guy I have liked for awhile but he is seeing another girl he keeps leading me on. He says that he isn't dating the girl so its okay if we were to go on a date, but he says he is seeing her. I'm very confused.

Most Helpful Guy

• I really hate the terminology today, it's so confusing. Yes if he is seeing someone it's dating with no strings attached. This is how it goes as far as I know

Friends-play banter, you like each other but it isn't romantic.

Friends w/benefits-Still have the play banter but you have sexual relations w/each other. It may not even be romantic.

Seeing someone - means the person is committed to a small degree but there is nothing expected in their relationship (ie: they can "break " up with out the break up. ) Romance is involved and sex may also be involved. It may mean be interpreted differently between the two people.

Dating - Committed to a person, romance and sex are probably involved.

What Guys Said 2

• The difference is that "seeing" someone is dating them without the commitment. Its just terminology. It means that the girl isn't his girlfriend.

• If you want the truth, I don't see a difference in that.

What Girls Said 1

• Dating means when you start as a friend and seeing someone is when you go out together as a couple.