Would you be skeptical of dating someone who was too eager to show your new relationship off on social media?

to me it always seems like they're putting on some kind of front or flaunting me around to make someone else jealous?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I am EXTREMELY turned off by girls who post their relationship all over fb. I'm talking weekly pics, statuses and the capital offense: tagging your boyfriend when you like a sexual/romantic post from a page.

It's tacky and low-class. I like to keep my personal relationship PERSONAL, it's fine to post a pic or two but it should be tasteful like a family photo. People are way too narcissistic these days it really is like they are trying to make people jealous.

By the way I see this way more in girls than guys. In fact I don't think guys generally do this at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would make me wonder if I'm perhaps more of an accessory for him than a companion, and whether he actually wants to be with ME specifically or just have someone to show off. That said, it would also bother me if he was reluctant to let me put anything about our relationship on social media once the relationship has gotten more serious. Whether he wants to put it on his own is up to him.

My boyfriend and I have been together about 10 months. I moved in about a month ago and just before that we went on a vacation. Pictures from that vacation were the first pics of us that either of us put up on Facebook, and neither of us have put up a relationship status on our profiles. Neither of us are hiding anything or showing anything off.

What Guys Said 2

• Girls do it all the time and it's annoying as knats in my ears when I see it.

• Some of them are just mentally unstable aka immature, childish to try to make other party jealous. Close one eye, don't acknowledge, totally be cool with it.

What Girls Said 6

• Depends. Talk to him about it.

I like for it to be up fairly early because I've had a lot of cheaters. If he can hide your relationship, then other women can be lured into being involved with someone they didn't even know had a girlfriend. I know the online status won't stop a woman of lesser integrity or a man of lesser integrity, but it comforts me that he isn't hiding it.

Maybe it's the same for your man. Maybe he's just excited and proud. He should wait until you're comfortable though.

• Yes! I wouldn't be comfortable with that seeing as I'm a very private person and I really can't stand being treated like a trophy.

• I wouldn't even date him if he wanted to do that shit, I like to keep my private life PRIVATE.

• I prefer everything to be private :)

• He could be really excited about you accepting him and wants everyone to know. To some people Relationships start once you change you fb status, it becomes offical.

• Yeah it'd freak me out a little