Guys, Do you like shy or confident girls more?

I'm wondering because a lot of guys told me they liked girls who are confident, but they dated a shy girl.

64

Most Helpful Guy

• Both. I don't have a preference, I don't think. Although, I like specifically extrovertive girls who actively engage me. I don't want to do all the work. This isn't 1950. I'm not going to try to coax a girl out of her shell and try to carry a conversation by myself. Well, I might, some; but if she's just standing there and not saying anything or not very engaged, then I'm not going to push the issue. And I especially like girls who approach me and engage me. This is almost 2016. If a woman is expecting me to do all the work and carry everything, I know she's a 1950s bitch who belongs in the kitchen, not as a partner. And that's what I want. A partner, not a servant or a child or a lost puppy to look after and care for and do everything for. If she can't even talk to me, why would I get interested in her at all? I might want to fuck her still, (correction: I will still want to fuck her) but I'm not going to respect her or value her beyond that. I might grow to out of the simple progression of growing the care about someone you're around awhile, but there won't be much respect or admiration, which I think are important qualities.

It's like anything else though, really. It doesn't depend on what it is, it depends on how much of it there is. For instance, boobs are awesome, but boobs that are the size of basketballs are going a bit too far (insert whatever size you see as too far). It depends on *how shy she is* and *in what areas is she shy* and *how long will she remain shy*. Something like this is really difficult to answer, because there's so many variables beyond simple shyness and confidence. The same concept applies to overconfidence--if she's arrogant and supercilious, that's even worse. It's a balance.

Really, as long as she can engage me in a conversation and take the initiative sometimes--showing that she's not going to rely on me to do everything for her, some degree of independence--then it's cool, to me. I'll admit that the shy cute girl is appealing to some degree, but if she remains like that forever, it might get tedious. I also like the confident girls who don't mind approaching or taking initiative.

What Guys Said 63

• Well, it depends on the girl. I've dated more 'shy' girls than not, and in most cases, the girl who was shy at first turned out to be confident when they got comfortable around me. By confident, I don't mean extroverted and sociable... I mean that they know who they are, aren't afraid to talk to me about anything, and hold themselves in good esteem. Shyness can make a woman a flower that opens with the sun. Closed and quiet in the beginning, and blossoming to her full beauty as she grows more comfortable around you.

• If a girl has too much confidence, it can be intimidating to a guy who himself lacks self-confidence. A confident girl can be more fun but a shy girl is less work, more loyal, less demanding. . . and, of course, those are all generalizations that do NOT apply to every shy girl or every confident girl.

• In my opinion confidence is just overrated and kinda delusional too. People are told so much they should be confident people start to convince themselves they are when they aren't even and often end up confusing confidence with fear. Can turn into quite a mess. While naturally, both can be attractive in their own way, anyone real is more attractive, but personally I would go with a shy girl any day.

• Guys in general? I think guys in general like confident women more than just shy women. However some guys can like shy women too, but that percentage is less.

• For me personally, I like shy girls. Loud and outgoing girls are great forfriends but I don't find that type of personality attractive. I like shy girls cause you have to crack they're she'll and I love talking to them and I love listening to what they have to say just because I know that not many people have heard they're opinion. There's just something so sweet and innocents out shy girls that I love!

• More confident than shy but with a submissive sexual nature.

• Being shy is cute and all up until it's just a chore to get anything out of you.
    Being confident is fun and all up until you're just obnoxious and arrogant.

Guys can like both, and even having a little bit of a preference doesn't exclude the other.

Confident vs Shy is an oversimplification. I think it's the component traits of those things that are what's really appreciated.

• We like to date a confident girl but will always marry a shy, introvert girl...

• That makes no difference: confidence is often just a mask.

• I can go either way, as long as she likes herself. :)

• All things equal I prefer confident girls. Shy girls need their hand held more and are less upfront about things making reading them difficult and tedious, especially if you're trying to court them.

• I don't really know. It would benefit me to get a confident girl because I am generally shy, but I could go either way.

But honestly there are all sorts of guys for all sorts of girls

• Sure we'll date a shy girl. Personally, I like more confidence in the sense of being witty and sarcastic since I tend to be that myself and don't want to tip toe around every thing I say around her so if I make some off remark, she can throw one back at me. I guess I could call it being more feisty than confident.

• I like confidence more than shyness. Shyness just means I'm going to have to do extra work. I'm going to have to be the one at every step of the relationship to bring it forward.

But being confident isn't a deal-maker. In fact, it's an indication that you're likely gynocentric queen, which is even uglier. So if you can be confident without being a gynocentric queen, then that's best (for me).

• For some guys, shy girls seem easier and is a cute thing for them. However, for me i will be dating girls who are sure of themselves and feelings.

• I prefer confident girls overall, I like knowing where I stand. :)

• Confident!!!

• I find confident ones attractive they make me feel shy. I find the shy girls cute, they make me feel confident.

• I generally prefer confidence but willing to date shy girls. Honestly, I think women are a lot less likely to accommodate shyness in a partner than men are. If you don't put your balls on the line, you don't stand a chance.

• I like confident women more. It's just so alluring when a lady knows how to speak up for what she wants.

• I like the mix to be honest. Confident enough I know she can hold her own. But smart enough at the same time that she knows she can break down in front of me and know I don't see it as a sign of weakness.. We are all human and have hard times.

• shy girls can be confident

• The prettier one.

Guys don't care that much about confidence because it's kind of a stupid thing to be concerned about. As long as she doesn't constantly rag on herself and doesn't need constant coddling, it doesn't matter.

• Confident for sure, someone that knows where they are going and is assertive. Someone that is sweet with a pinch of spiciness

• I'm rather shy myself so I'm more into shy girls :D

• Good question. Confident girls are more out going, willing to try new things without worrying. Not afraid of telling you off. Can be embarrassing. Shy- they more to stay by their man, but hard to do a lot of things. They are a mamas girl can be possisive. So if it's feeling about security of not loosing her that may be a reason I would think

• I think shy girls are cute. Confident girls I like more though tbh because confidence means they'll do more in a relationship, I think so anyway

• Confident, always.

• Whichever one has a better face

• I'm a shy guy myself so I really don't have any preference.

• More from Guys
    33