After how many "dates" would you ask a girl to be your girlfriend?

How many dates till you ask her? What are the defining factors? I've never had a girlfriend so I'm not sure. I've only ever went on a few dates.

She is a Virgin and wants to take things slow and has only dated one guy. I on the other hand have hookup experience but no dating. Been on 3 dates it's been fun so far

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not about a number, it's about a feeling.

Most Helpful Guy

• That will be my question if I ever end up dating someone.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe after 3 if the dates go well. Or even after a month or two of dating. But really it's just when you feel the time is right.

• 3 is just fast. I had a girl wanted to be exclusive on 2nd date, that was quick. Usually it's around 10+ dates, you're right around 7~8 weeks of solid dating.

• @Prilee1992, true, I was thinking 3 if it's drawn out though, not something back to back and there's talking and hanging out (not date-wise) in between to get to know each other further. But I threw in the 1-2 months because that's the amount of time I dated someone before getting with them. Plus I've noticed on here that after 3 dates people seem to expect something to happen.

What Guys Said 2

• i will wait her to feel emotionally comfortable with me before i decide to be exclusive with her also, let her bring up the topic by herself.

• There's no real exact number, it's more of just a feeling that you want to be exclusive with one another.