Why is female dating advice so terrible?

I mean, there is magazine after magazine and book after book, sucking women's money and they seem more clueless and unhappy when it comes to dealing with the opposite sex, what gives?

Most Helpful Guy

• Like magazines would actually give good advice. How would they make money? Tsk tsk.

What Girls Said 5

• I agree, women try so hard to figure men out and all they really have to do is realize that each man is different. If they just listen to their man and his wants then they would know just what "He" wants. But why not think that a mag will tell us how to keep our man or how to get a boyfriend, I mean hell it tells us how we are suppose to look, wear, smell, eat, cook, clean, etc so why wouldn't we think that the mag can also help our love lives. Bull crap! Hey, but it sells everyday all day. We have allowed society to enter into not only our homes but our minds, thoughts, actions, beliefs and so forth. Wow, after saying it aloud really shows just how pathetic women have gotten but hey, to each it's own!

• Because it's a magazine and if they didn't make it sound simple and easy and leave them needing to come back for more advice later, they wouldn't sell

• I think the problem is that many women try to "figure out" the reasons behind the actions and behaviors of guys. The truth is, in my opinion, that every guy is different, and no magazine can really predict what one particular guy will do or say. I tell my friends that rather than desperately searching for answers about their love lives, to just be themselves and be PATIENT. It takes time for a guy to get attached to a girl and truly know her, or even know if he WANTS to get to know her.

• lol I think the same thing about guy's dating advice. it seems like guys always side with the guy when giving advice. 90% of the time its something on the lines of "give him another chance" or "he didn't mean it like that" blahblah blah and stuff like that, guys seem to give other guys the benefit of the doubt when giving advice

oh but lemme answer your question...womens magazines do give questionable advice. like cosmo and glamour some of the things they tell us women to do I'm like WTF REALLY? I do like certain books one written by steve harvey "think like a man, act like a lady"..and I haven't read all of "he's just not that into you" but I agree with a lot of the sentiments. I think the problem with some women's advice is that they're stuck in this disney fairytale romance mode and they assume that all you have to do is try your hardest to change the guy and the situation to be what you want it to be. its like their afraid of admitting "hey, maybe you and this guy are not a good match and you should just let it go"

• Because it is the easy way out. You don't have to try to communicate with him or figure out every single guy. You find one formula and apply it to every guy. Too bad it doesn't work that way. Two and two is not always four. What if one of the twos is a negative two? Then 2 and (-2) is zero.

And likely, these women that write these articles are single women telling women how to find a husband. WTF?

What Guys Said 1

• I think a large portion of what sells magazines is the idea that they propose ideals that aren't realistic. For example, you'll see a magazine that will have one of the articles "How to score a boyfriend 12 times hotter than Hugh Jackman, is an absolute master in bed, and is perfect in every way in just 4 easy steps!" Seriously, it's a load of crap, but the hopefulness in all of us gets the better of our judgment. Also, they have other crap like "How to eat anything and everything you want, not exercise at all, and watch the fat melt off of your body!"

This applies to dating, with stuff like "The 4 steps to getting any man you want". Not "any man" is going to share the chemistry with you, so the advice sounds awesome, but is actually a load of crap.

In short, they make things sound good on paper that don't actually work.